Railroad caboose in Solomons?

Aa3rt

Does anyone know anything about a railroad caboose that is supposedly in Solomons, MD?

I frequent a railroad website (Railroad.Net) and a poster there, who keeps track of existing railroad cabooses in the US posted a query about a caboose that is in Solomons. I've never heard of it but I usually stay close to home in the La Plata area. Can anyone shed some light on this?

You can read the Railroad.Net thread here.

PS-I'm aware of the caboose that used to be in Chesapeake Beach, I don't believe this is the same one.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Aa3rt said:
Does anyone know anything about a railroad caboose that is supposedly in Solomons, MD?

I frequent a railroad website (Railroad.Net) and a poster there, who keeps track of existing railroad cabooses in the US posted a query about a caboose that is in Solomons. I've never heard of it but I usually stay close to home in the La Plata area. Can anyone shed some light on this?

PS-I'm aware of the caboose that used to be in Chesapeake Beach, I don't believe this is the same one.
Are you talking about the transportation trolley?

http://www.ecalvert.com/content/tourism/visitorsguide/attractions/trolley.asp

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
Aa3rt said:
I just wondered if anyone had seen one in the Solomons area.

I've seen lots of caboose in Solomons. You'll have to be more specific. :shrug:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Aa3rt said:
No, I'm referring to an actual railroad caboose.

I haven't seen one unless it's in storage or somewhere being restored.

LocoEngineer

Aa3rt said:

I haven't heard of anything either. I belong to TrainOrders.com and Railpictures.net and have not seen mention of anything, although there aren't many rail enthusiasts in this area. Might be worth a drive around Solomons to find it though.

-Ken

MMDad

Lem Putt
mamissa3 said:
can you just get on the trolly anywhere. Is it free or cost. we are thinking to take the kids tonight and let them ride it. Thanks if anyone knows anything
:shrug:
410-394-0236

Mailing Address:
PO Box 241, Dowell, Maryland 20629

Take a trolley tour around Solomons Island (summer only). Call for prices and hours.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
mamissa3 said:
can you just get on the trolly anywhere. Is it free or cost. we are thinking to take the kids tonight and let them ride it. Thanks if anyone knows anything

1$ per ride (one way) not sure about kids.
you can call Solomons Pier 410-326-2424

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
mamissa3 said:
I called the number and it was stoneys. got a recording of their menu and such. thanks for the info about the price.

Yup! It's Stoney's at Solomons Pier! Wait until the end of the message and dial 300 to talk to a live person. They can give you more info about the trolly (they own it)