I just saw a good deed.

bohman

Rt. 5, just north of Ridge, saw a guy stop his car and help a box turtle across the road.

I hope he helped it to the side that the turtle wanted to get to. :yay:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I do that all the time..have not seen many this year and the one I went to help yesterday it was too late :bawl:

My buddy found a baby box turtle in his flower bed this morning. Shell is only 2.5" long. He's got it and an older full size turtle in a flower bed with a bunch of worms to eat. Hoping to get them to stay around and come back for years to come like the one he had growing up (it was wild, but came back every year for 5+ years for the easy food).

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Barbra said:
I stop for turtles every time I see them on or by the road. I especially keep an eye out in the morning if it's rained. I haven't seen too many this year either.

:howdy: Same here. Not many turtle around that I've seen. :frown:

I did go to help one last year that was crossing in front of St. James Pub - until I realized it was a snapping turtle. :yikes: He was on his own then.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
jazz lady said:
:howdy: Same here. Not many turtle around that I've seen. :frown:

I did go to help one last year that was crossing in front of St. James Pub - until I realized it was a snapping turtle. :yikes: He was on his own then.

I help them too but like this :buttkick:

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
Pasofever said:
I help them too but like this :buttkick:
Funny you should say that. I stopped one day to help a turtle across the road (like I always do) and I walked over to pick him up and :yikes: it was a snapper! He started getting a huge attitude and hissing and having a fit. I tried talking nice to him :shrug: but the attitude continued, so I booted his butt across the road and into the ditch. Should have left his ungrateful self right there :turtlepie:

Pete

Repete
Tinkerbell said:
Funny you should say that. I stopped one day to help a turtle across the road (like I always do) and I walked over to pick him up and :yikes: it was a snapper! He started getting a huge attitude and hissing and having a fit. I tried talking nice to him :shrug: but the attitude continued, so I booted his butt across the road and into the ditch. Should have left his ungrateful self right there :turtlepie:
Snappers that hiss scare me

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Pasofever said:
I do that all the time..
Same here! Hubby and I were driving along many months ago and saw one in the road. We stopped, as did an older pickup truck. Hubby had already picked up the turtle and it was on its way back into the woods when the gentleman approached us. He wanted to use the turtle in soup. :eyebrow:

Tina2001aniT

I wonder what it is about turtles? I do this too, and I remember mom and dad stoping to do it when I was a kid. It seemed like every time we went down gray's road there were turtles. :lol:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Chasey_Lane said:
Same here! Hubby and I were driving along many months ago and saw one in the road. We stopped, as did an older pickup truck. Hubby had already picked up the turtle and it was on its way back into the woods when the gentleman approached us. He wanted to use the turtle in soup. :eyebrow:

Yeah me too..it was an older black man..I ended up taking the turtle home with me.. :lmao:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Barbra said:
I think he lived somewhere around there because I've come across him too just down the road from the Pub. Tho' the last time he was there, a truck stopped and picked him up by the tail and threw him in the bed of the truck. I don't think he was going to a better place w/ the way he was handled. :frown:

By the tail he was a snapper only turtle with a long tail..yeah he is history.. :yum:

mingiz

Horse Poor
Turtle soup!! The old timers ate them all the time. Said they taste like chicken. I remember my dad getting them. I would torment them in the barrel he had them in....

AA996

It must be turtle migrating season again. I picked up and moved four, all within a two-hour period.

PackMom

Eastern Box Turltes might be added to the threatened species list because of over development and roads.

Cowgirl

:offtopic: But this reminded me of the time my friend and I were driving down the road and saw a squirrel on the center lines. We stopped because it was laying on it's stomach, but looked like it was pushing up with it's front legs. We got over to it and realized it was dead. I nudged it with the toe of my boot. Apparently one of it's claws (or teeth or something) got stuck on my sole, because when I pulled my foot back, it came after me! :jameo: :faint: :lmao: Scared the chit outta me!!!