Gymnastics for Kids in St. Mary's

rdkarob

I am wondering if there are any Gymnastics classes in St. Marys that I could sign my daughter up to take. She is now at Elite in Waldorf and I want her out of there if I can find another place in a different area.

Thanks

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
rdkarob said:
I am wondering if there are any Gymnastics classes in St. Marys that I could sign my daughter up to take. She is now at Elite in Waldorf and I want her out of there if I can find another place in a different area.

Thanks

There's the Gymnastics Center down in Lexington Park, but my girls go to Elite in Waldorf & I live in St. Mary's. :shrug:

rdkarob

nachomama said:
There's the Gymnastics Center down in Lexington Park, but my girls go to Elite in Waldorf & I live in St. Mary's. :shrug:

I have never seen you there, believe me, I would have noticed if you were there or not....are you just a drop off parent?

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
rdkarob said:
I have never seen you there, believe me, I would have noticed if you were there or not....are you just a drop off parent?

Mine drive. :lmao: Is she in competitive tumbling? Mine are not.

They go on Saturday mornings. But they've gone on Monday Nights and Thursday nights before.

rdkarob

nachomama said:

Lexington Park is a little far for me to drive, but I might have to scope it out. I do NOT like the way I was treated there last night, by the counter girl. I was invisible.....

rdkarob

nachomama said:
Mine drive. :lmao: Is she in competitive tumbling? Mine are not.

They go on Saturday mornings. But they've gone on Monday Nights and Thursday nights before.

Oh, mine is 6, but she is just learning this is her first year. I cannot stand it there!!!! I don't know why they don't build another place. You ought to go up there, you would be shocked....well, maybe not, typical for Waldorf I guess.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
rdkarob said:
Oh, mine is 6, but she is just learning this is her first year. I cannot stand it there!!!! I don't know why they don't build another place. You ought to go up there, you would be shocked....well, maybe not, typical for Waldorf I guess.

I've been going up there for about 5 years now. I've spent many an hour upstairs looking through the windows to down below. I've had a few minor incidents, but nothing that would make me pull them out of there. They love the instructors that they work with, and have worked with many of them.

Believe me, if I had the money, I'd open a gym like that.

MLGTS08

live.LAUGH.love
rdkarob said:
I don't know where that is, we live in LaPlata, how far from LaPlata?
Hmm I am not really sure how far but its near pax River if you know where that is.

rdkarob

nachomama said:
I've been going up there for about 5 years now. I've spent many an hour upstairs looking through the windows to down below. I've had a few minor incidents, but nothing that would make me pull them out of there. They love the instructors that they work with, and have worked with many of them.

Believe me, if I had the money, I'd open a gym like that.

Want to get a small business loan, we could go in as minority woman owned? I was thinking of that, too. She loves her instructor too but it is more me and the way I feel about it.

D&D Gymnastics

devilvice

Angel
rdkarob said:

My cousins do gymnastics/tumbling at Xtreme Athletics Gymnastics Center in Mechanicsville, MD - 301-373-6373. My aunt says they are really good with the kids, which are 6 and 7. It may be a little closer for you and some checking into. Good luck finding a place.

rdkarob

devilvice said:
My cousins do gymnastics/tumbling at Xtreme Athletics Gymnastics Center in Mechanicsville, MD - 301-373-6373. My aunt says they are really good with the kids, which are 6 and 7. It may be a little closer for you and some checking into. Good luck finding a place.

Thank you very much, I will be calling!!!!

vanbells

Pookieboo!!!
nachomama said:

What level? I have a friend that coach there. She's making me go to the gym this weekend to get my car washed. Something about a fund raising event and Dominque Dawes?

We are looking for a new activity for the girl. She's 4. 5 in Feb. Did "Sharon's" last spring. After seeing the quality at the recital, we are NOT optimistic for her future there. Plus they don't have classes for her age that fit our schedule. We are looking into the dance place in Charlotte Hall by McKays. Also looking into gymnastics. Hence my posting in this thread.
Went to Xtreme Gymnastics' website tonight. Is it just me, or does the photo look like they were trying to spoof a bad movie (as in bad, not BAD)?

Anyway, the "Tot Tumbling" is the right age, and fits our schedule. Anybody have any experience with that class and/or any other classes there?

TIA

tracey harris

There's a new gym that was opened by two top coaches from Elite, Joe & Shone. I've seen their ad in the Independent recently, but can't seem to find it now.

Anyway, I think they are in Waldorf. They are GREAT! Very dedicated and excellent with kids! My daughter was on the team at Elite, but we left because the practice hours got silly when she moved up in levels.

I'll post here again if I find the info. Sorry this isn't exactly helpful! I'd look into it before going all the way to Lexington Park!!

Goobergrl6

I just signed my boys up for classes at xtreme. They are 3 and almost 2 but they have a great time and everyone was super nice! We used to do the one in lexington park but I am SO SICK of them changing class times all the time and some classes being tought by older teens who just need a few extra bucks and also the office staff treating me like I am not there and also not spending a bunch of $$ a year there! Xtreme is a smaller place but I also like they were trying to get my boys to DO gymnastics stuff not just throw balls around.