What can teens do for the summer?

Sierra39

Hairball Magnet
It seems that there's VERY few programs in place for teens in southern MD... My daughter would LOVE to find a job, but she's 15, and it seems no one's hiring below 16...(she's put in 5 different applications!)

Anyone know of any jobs out there?? She has experience in working at a horse stable and also has worked as kennel help at the Tri-County shelter. She loves animals and small kids, so babysitting would be an option...she's also a fast/good housecleaner! (except for OURS!)

Does anyone know of any good summer FUN programs for teens in the area? What do some of you do with YOUR teens in the summer?? I'm desperately seeking some alternatives to the "stay-home-and-veg-out" syndrome...

jeneisen

Indy Bound
Well I worked at Nicolettis when I as 15 years ago and I also know that most restaurants will let them bus tables or work fast food. At 15 none of the jobs will be great but she will make minimum wage at least.

You could also get her into one of the daycares. She might be able to assist for the summer there if they need extra help. Just an idea.

fuzzyng

I remember when I was a teen without a job... :barf: i mean, there isn't ANYTHING for teens to do, around here, except stay home... I HATED the fact I was bored all day... I guess with the summer months we'll be seeing more and more teens at fast food places, working?

which reminds me...

If you're a teen and need money but don't want to work fast food: DON'T! I HATE when I get these stuck up teens who are slow, sloppy, and rude at fast food places... I understand you hate working there, but don't take it out on the customers! We're not the reason you're working there!

sorry, had to rant...

AnonymousPenguin

Lead Penguin
Sierra39,

Since she likes animals and has worked in a horse stable...
maybe you can check out Freedom's Rein Farm in Hollywood...

They may be able to have her do something or help out...

SxyPrincess

Missi,

Have you talked to Sheila since she's been back from her cruise? What kinda plans should we get started?

missi1013

Catch Me If You Can!
Yeah I've talked to her!! We had a load, fun day at Chuck E Cheese's yesterday! Can you say HELL!!! Doesn't eveyone work anymore?

Any ways I have to get back with you on that one. I forgot! Sorrry:bawl: ! She's selling her house and building a new one somewhere. She hasn't made up her mind yet. I'll call her tonight!

Rane

Lookin for Margaritaville
How bout baggers at the local grocery stores ? Many grocery stores here hire 15 yr olds ( and up ) to bag groceries , esp Publix and Winn Dixie . They are very good about not working a teen too many hours and allowing them to work around their school and summer schedule .

watercolor

yeah yeah
Hey omm...I definatly know people who are hiring teens for the summer. Go and talk to Rec's and Parks. They higher, people for all sorts of stuff...and there is also the Summer Camp that my neice kayla is in, that will higher people as camp counselors...I know from experience, cause I trained a couple 15 year olds!

*smile* Give it a try!