Wicked in NYC...

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
What a fabulous show! Even better than seeing it in Baltimore the first time.

Bus was late and we didn't leave Wildewood until 730am (was supposed to be 7am). We stopped in Annapolis and picked up a few more people. Back on the road and 1 potty stop near the Delaware line.

Arrived at Broadway & 51st Streets at 1pm. We only had a short time to do a quick walk and take a few pic's before getting to the show at 2pm. As I said, the show was great! More scenery than the traveling show and the kids were mesmerized by it. Show ended about 445pm.

We chose a very nice Italian restaurant (whose name escapes me) just outside the theatre to have dinner before boarding the bus home and dined al fresco.

Boarded the bus and took off promptly at 6pm. We hit traffic getting to the Lincoln tunnel, but it was smooth sailing after getting through there. Stopped in Annapolis to drop the other people and the driver hauled ass down the road and we were back at Wildewood by 11pm sharp.

Who knew you could drive back from NYC, with traffic and a stop, in 5 hours. :deathgrip:

All in all, it was a great day, but don't think I will be doing it again any time soon. :lmao:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
Glad you guys had a good time! I miss NYC :frown:
Thanks! You should have come along when you had the chance. :lol:

It was my very first time to NYC and I saw hardly nothing. Although, I did see the Statue of Liberty from a distance on our way out on the Turnpike. :lmao:

Bug thought it was WAY COOL to see a plane landing right along side of us on our way in. :lol:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Geek said:
I am so jealous!! Nothing beats a Broadway show :yay:

Close. It was a block off Broadway on 51st Street at the Gershwin Theater. I loved the additional stage and scenery setup for the non-traveling show. They even had flying monkeys soaring over the audition! :lol:

I do have some pictures to upload when I'm not quite so tired. :yay:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
jazz lady said:
Close. It was a block off Broadway on 51st Street at the Gershwin Theater. I loved the additional stage and scenery setup for the non-traveling show. They even had flying monkeys soaring over the audience! :lol:

I do have some pictures to upload when I'm not quite so tired. :yay:

:fixed:

You need some sleep. :lol:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
RoseRed said:
What a fabulous show! Even better than seeing it in Baltimore the first time.
:yeahthat:

We chose a very nice Italian restaurant (whose name escapes me) just outside the theatre to have dinner before boarding the bus home and dined al fresco.
Its name was Azalea. Excellent food and great service. :yay:

the driver hauled ass down the road ...

Who knew you could drive back from NYC, with traffic and a stop, in 5 hours. :deathgrip:
I know he pegged the speedometer more than once! :faint: It was definitely an interesting ride home and got even better when I drove home from Wildewood. Some yahoo in an older red Ford pickup truck decided to turn off his headlights and pass me and another car. I called 911 and reported him, then watched him pass another car on a blind curve. I hope the cops caught the bastage. :mad:

All in all, it was a great day, but don't think I will be doing it again any time soon. :lmao:
No, 10+ hours on a bus today was a bit much. If I go back to NYC for a play, it will definitely be an overnighter/weekend. :lol:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
jazz lady said:
I know he pegged the speedometer more than once! :faint: It was definitely an interesting ride home and got even better when I drove home from Wildewood. Some yahoo in an older red Ford pickup truck decided to turn off his headlights and pass me and another car. I called 911 and reported him, then watched him pass another car on a blind curve. I hope the cops caught the bastage. :mad:

I wonder if the accident, or whatever it was, that the cops were going to towards the bridge was caused by our driver. Like I told you on YM, I also heard fire & rescue headed that way too.

Maybe the impatient bastage got stuck in that traffic on his way back up the road. :poeticjustice: :killingme

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
RoseRed said:
I wonder if the accident, or whatever it was, that the cops were going to towards the bridge was caused by our driver. Like I told you on YM, I also heard fire & rescue headed that way too.

Maybe the impatient bastage got stuck in that traffic on his way back up the road. :poeticjustice: :killingme

That it would be. :lol: I'm just glad to be home, safe, and in one piece. :yay:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
jazz lady said:
That it would be. :lol: I'm just glad to be home, safe, and in one piece. :yay:
No kidding! Sistard didn't realize how bad he was since she was in the back of the bus. Being front row, center, it scared the beejeebus out of me. :yikes:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
RoseRed said:
No kidding! Sistard didn't realize how bad he was since she was in the back of the bus. Being front row, center, it scared the beejeebus out of me. :yikes:

It scared me too and not many drivers have the ability to do that. I think we should have moved back there, too. :jameo:

Danzig

http://www.dc2ny.com/home.aspx

Welcome to DC2NY -- The Ultimate Bus Travel Experience
The DC2NY luxury bus provides daily roundtrip express travel from two convenient downtown locations in Washington, DC to New York City`s Penn Station

We are very pleased to be launching our service on Friday Morning, July 27th with exceptional service on new buses. We offer you a cold beverage upon boarding, and complimentary wireless internet service between Washington and New York City.

Our low introductory price of $40.00 per roundtrip or $22.00 each way will be honored only with pre-paid reservations made on this web site. Fares for walk-up customers are $25.00 each way or $50.00 roundtrip.

Our 3 locations were carefully chosen and are conveniently

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
jazz lady said:
It scared me too and not many drivers have the ability to do that. I think we should have moved back there, too. :jameo:

I couldn't. I had my chick in my lap. :ohwell:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Danzig said:
http://www.dc2ny.com/home.aspx

Welcome to DC2NY -- The Ultimate Bus Travel Experience
The DC2NY luxury bus provides daily roundtrip express travel from two convenient downtown locations in Washington, DC to New York City`s Penn Station

We are very pleased to be launching our service on Friday Morning, July 27th with exceptional service on new buses. We offer you a cold beverage upon boarding, and complimentary wireless internet service between Washington and New York City.

Our low introductory price of $40.00 per roundtrip or $22.00 each way will be honored only with pre-paid reservations made on this web site. Fares for walk-up customers are $25.00 each way or $50.00 roundtrip.

Our 3 locations were carefully chosen and are conveniently

I hope he isn't the dude trying to get his bus back out of the shop... :yikes:

I couldn't help but overhear the drivers phone conversations, I sat behind him...

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
RoseRed said:
I hope he isn't the dude trying to get his bus back out of the shop... :yikes:

I couldn't help but overhear the drivers phone conversations, I sat behind him...

:lmao: I did hear THAT conversation. You couldn't help BUT hear it. :duh: He was getting quite loud and it was scaring me even more with his aggressive driving and talking on a cell at the same time. :jameo:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
jazz lady said:
:lmao: I did hear THAT conversation. You couldn't help BUT hear it. :duh: He was getting quite loud and it was scaring me even more with his aggressive driving and talking on a cell at the same time. :jameo:

I did tell the coordinator of the trip that I hoped she reported him. I was afraid to get up or say anything due to Bug sleeping on my lap. I wanted to keep my hands on her.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
RoseRed said:
I did tell the coordinator of the trip that I hoped she reported him. I was afraid to get up or say anything due to Bug sleeping on my lap. I wanted to keep my hands on her.

I was afraid to get up, period. :kneescrossedpottydance: I'll definitely be sending them an email about this as it was unprofessional and quite dangerous.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
jazz lady said:
I was afraid to get up, period. :kneescrossedpottydance: I'll definitely be sending them an email about this as it was unprofessional and quite dangerous.

He was pissed because no one from the bus company would come relieve him him in Annapolis and he did not like the drive to SoMD.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
RoseRed said:
He was pissed because no one from the bus company would come relieve him him in Annapolis and he did not like the drive to SoMD.

True, but that's not OUR problem and he shouldn't be taking it out on us by driving like a frigging lunatic.