• Hayley Nycole Holt

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Alexia Madison Holt

Votes: 18 81.8%

• Total voters
S

SmurfyGirl

HELP!!!!!!

I need your guys friendly advice. Okay here is the situation. I am due on June 25 and I have no idea if it is a boy or a girl. I have already picked a boys name which will be Justin Xavier but as for as the girls name I am sort of stuck. I had originally had a list of 10 names and I have narrowed it downed to 2 names But I have been having trouble deciding on just one of them. So if you all could help me I would greatly appreciate it

K

Kain99

I like Alexia... You can call her Alex! If you go with the other your stuck with Hay. My daughter was named Rachel and everyday she's stuck with Ray or Rach.... She hates it. :frown:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I said Alexia - Hayley is played out. I love Madison for a girl but I suspect it will become the "Brittany" or "Alyssa" of 2003. We have an Alex but you could also shorten it to Allie or Lexie (which I think is cute).

EvilDruidTalena

Also, a boy could be "Michael Shavarsh"
Gurls:
Morgan
Mercedes
Lorraine
Fallon
Jennifer
Tanya
Victoria
Josephine "Josie"
Danielle
Aghavni

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I have one of each. My daughter's name is spelled different than the way you have spelled it and my other is my four legged GSD buddy, and her name has been shortened to Alex (her registered name is pretty long).

I do like Madison. Rachel was also another choice we had selected. I know this is old fashioned, but I have always liked Claire.

Good luck!

Nycole - is that supposed to be pronounced the same as Nicole but spelled funky? If so, I think people will be be inclined to pronouce it as Nye-cole not Nicole and she would always have to correct people. I always like the named Chris or Christina, spelled with a C and not a K!

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Growing up I hated being one of 4 kids in class with the same name or variation of the name, (and one of those was a boy). With that in mind, the list of the top 100 names of 2002 was just released. I believe the original source is the Social Security Administration. Of the two names, I'd choose Alexia.

Hailey was number 3 on the top 100 list and that doesn't take into account different spellings. Madison was number 2 on the list.
Alexis was 9, Alexandra was 47, Nicole - 44

Alexander was 19 on the boy's side and Alex was 69, so when people call her Alex, (which they will), every boy in the class won't look up.

BTW, Justin wasn't in the top 100 at all, but with the success of American Idol, I'm sure that'll change. Xavier was 96.

Source

OK, I did a little more checking. The above stats are not SSA stats, here are the SSA stats on most popular names.SSA most popular baby names.

They have Justin at 22. Hailey at 33. Haley at 35. Alexa at 69, Alexis at 5, Alexandria at 38.

I changed my mind, every other kid in her class will be "Alex" of some sort, go with Hailey.

Last edited:

Voter2002

"Fill your hands you SOB!
My 2 cents....

Try to avoid the "cutsie" spellings of names - it may look cute and unique to you, but it will be your child who has to use it, spell it, answer questions about it, and be stuck with it. We named our daughter Aimee (instead of Amy), 13 years later we still have to spell it out for everyone & 90% of certificates/trophy's/awards she gets from school,church, sports have it spelled wrong - even though they already have the correct spelling on a roster.

Names like Madison are great, but stick to spelling it that way instead of Madyson or Nycole or other "different" spellings unless you are ready to deal with mis-spellings the rest of your life. It's a pain in the arse!

:bandit:

S

SmurfyGirl

Thank you

Thank you everyone. You guys have been such a help. Have given me alot to think about. I just want to make sure that I am not going to go to the hospital unprepared and since i can't find out what i am having i just want to have my bases covered.
:clap: :thewave:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by kwillia
Good luck! And keep in mind you will eventually forget the excruciating pain and discomfort you are about to endure...:cheesy:
DRUGS!!! :cheesy:

watercolor

yeah yeah
Well I must say thank you to you all for being so nice to my best friend. It was nice of you all to help her out. :smile:

yeap.. she had drugs last time and will have drugs this time. LOL. I know how she works. she has a little boy now... who is sooo darn cute and we are all hoping she gets a little girl. Her ultrasounds wont show...lol

Anyway.. Just wanted to tell you guys thanks.:biggrin:

And D....you already know what I like.. so no reason to ask...lol

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I don't know why I was thinking about this on the way to work.... Probably cause a good friend called and old me she was pregnant at 6:30 in the morning. Anyway, I like the name Adrian for a girl. :cheers:

http

Not to be the smartaleck (sp?) of the gang, but how are you going to explain to her when she is 4, that you named her from a poll on SOMD????????

J

justhangn

Originally posted by http
Not to be the smartaleck (sp?) of the gang, but how are you going to explain to her when she is 4, that you named her from a poll on SOMD????????

In that case, she should call her Paige. :biggrin:

http

Originally posted by justhangn
In that case, she should call her Paige. :biggrin:

Here are some other suggestions:

Ameritel (The SOMD ISP)
Smiley (or Smilie)
Altavista (Ava for nickname)
Ascii (old school, my favorite)
Queue
Kilobyte ("y" already included)
Lola (Laughing out loud again)
Lois (Laughing on the inside)
Archie (old school)
Kazaa
Daemon
Gigo

Check http://www.netlingo.com/inframes.cfm for other great name ideas!!!!!!!

watercolor

yeah yeah
Originally posted by http

well to tell you.. because she is my best friend.. I will tell you.. she already had those names... but just wanted to see what people thought of the names with the sounds....

So.. really.. in all actuality.. she is not naming the baby with 'poll'

PLUS! those are just the girls names. She doesnt know what she is having....

so to answer your question.. she wont have to explain that.:biggrin:

alex

I agree on the odd spelling of common names. The confusion for your child later in life is not worth it. Of the two I liked Alexia.

If you hadn't a clue where to start I lean towards simple and old fashioned names like Molly, Emma, and Anna.