Waldorf Animal Clinic

granny45

Southern MD Vet Referral Center-24 hr emergency care in Waldorf

Has anyone ever taken their pets to this clinic? What are your experiences? Our dog is there now, since Saturday night, and they basically haven't done anything to treat him. We believe he has lyme disease but he is unable to walk. My son was there to visit him this evening and he said that they just have him sitting on the floor; since he weighs about 170 lbs and apparently do not have a kennel big enough for him. Sounds like to me all they are concerned with is money. I have care credit but I really hope they don't max it out. It is already costing over $2000 and they really haven't done anything. I think they are suppose to do an MRI tomorrow and if he comes back that his problem isn't his back, my son is going to take him to a vet at Tidewater (one that he knows and trusts). Anyway I was just wondering if anyone had an good/bad experiences with this place.

Thanks

Last edited:

millertc

I have no experience with them because I have used Tidewater, Three Notch and the 24 hour place in Waldorf. When my dogs needed treatment for a liver shunt and cardiomyopathy I was referred to Anne Arundel Veterinary Emergency Clinic 808 Bestgate Rd, Annapolis (410) 224-0331 (Three Notch and the 24 hour place in Waldorf referred me to them for both of the above conditions) Anne Arundel is expensive but they knew what they were doing. Try Tidewater if you are not happy with Waldorf Animal Clinic. When my parents dog had Lymes the vet ran a blood test and placed him on antibiotics. They took him because he would not put weight on his front paw and the blood test confirmed Lymes.

Good luck with your big guy :huggy:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I have been talking to your daughter via email. You need to go get the dog, sign him out of care, and take him somewhere else. Annapolis is much better. My regular vet doesn't recommend Waldorf.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
I hate Waldorf, yes they are just out for your money. Take him to Tidewater they are wonderful and if they can't help you, they will tell you up front and who can..

granny45

Dog

Cowgirl said:
Hey Granny, how's the pooch?

He is doing much better. We ended up taking him out of the Waldorf clinic and brought him down to Tidewater. He is being treated for lyme disease and arthritis. He is now walking but is still a bit wobbly. He is doing much better. He is home now and seems happy. He is on two different medicines-20 pills a day since he is a big dog.

Thanks to Dr. Benedict. He is great.

dawn

granny45 said:
He is doing much better. We ended up taking him out of the Waldorf clinic and brought him down to Tidewater. He is being treated for lyme disease and arthritis. He is now walking but is still a bit wobbly. He is doing much better. He is home now and seems happy. He is on two different medicines-20 pills a day since he is a big dog.

:yay: :yay: :yay:

savagecat

I'd avoid them. They lost, yes lost - as in misplaced - my cat 3 months ago.

Not exactly the most responsible people.

Cowgirl

granny45 said:

Glad to hear that! :huggy:

witchiepooh 364

if you go to waldorf animal hospital make sure you don't get dr fox! he is so uncaring! i usually use st mary's vet ..they are wonderful! but in an emergency i had to take my little dog to waldorf she had to be put down and dr fox lectured me for an hour while i held her in pain...she was 14 and had degenerative disc and she had started to paralyze...then when i got mad and started crying and telling him how hard this was for me he finally got sorta compassionate...and then he asked me if i wanted to be with her when he gave her the shot and i said yes i wanted to hold her....he charged me an extra 45 dollars! i paid it i wasn't leaving my baby alone! or leaving her until i knew she was gone! he is a terrible man! only in it for the money...i know st mary's vet treats lime disease...please take your dog somewhere else...

granny45

witchiepooh 364 said:
if you go to waldorf animal hospital make sure you don't get dr fox! he is so uncaring! i usually use st mary's vet ..they are wonderful! but in an emergency i had to take my little dog to waldorf she had to be put down and dr fox lectured me for an hour while i held her in pain...she was 14 and had degenerative disc and she had started to paralyze...then when i got mad and started crying and telling him how hard this was for me he finally got sorta compassionate...and then he asked me if i wanted to be with her when he gave her the shot and i said yes i wanted to hold her....he charged me an extra 45 dollars! i paid it i wasn't leaving my baby alone! or leaving her until i knew she was gone! he is a terrible man! only in it for the money...i know st mary's vet treats lime disease...please take your dog somewhere else...

Dr. Fox is the one who treated Rebel and charged me over $3500 and didn't really do anything. We did end of taking him out of there and moving to Dr. Benedict at Tidewater Vet. He treated Rebel for the lyme disease and arthritis. It only costed a little over $250.

Yes Dr. Fox's office is only in it for the money. Dr got mad when we told him we were taking Rebel out of there and have him treated somewhere else. He told us that Rebel couldn't be moved--that he would die before we got him to the other vet. This was about a month ago, Rebel is doing good. He is walking although a little wobbly but seems to be as good as can be--he still has the arthritis. We will never take any of our animals to Dr. Fox's office--even for emergencies.

witchiepooh 364

yay! i am so glad you took Rebel out of there! so glad he is doing better! someone needs to get Dr. Fox out of there! but i guess if people stop taking their pets there then he will go bankrupt , which is what he deserves....

greyhound

Southern Maryland Veterinary Referral and Emergency saved our greyhounds life. We found him on our bedroom floor panting, trying to catch his breath. he did notmove when he saw us (this is not like him). His mid section seemed to be swollen. I immediatly thought it was bloat or even worse torsion. He was x-rayed and no bloat,but thay did notice that his lungs werenotshowing on the x-ray the way they should have. They did a full chest and his heart had a lot of fluid around it. he was going into heart failure. His organs were not getting need oxygen. They removed the fluid and he is doing great. We were given no guarantees that the fluid would not come back, now two years later and he is doing great.

greyhound

Just wanted to make everyone aware that "Southern Maryland Veterinary Referral" and "Waldorf Animal Clinic" are two different places. They seemed to be refered to interchangeably in this thread.

belvak

Happy Camper
granny45 said:

Between our two cats, we have seen every Doc at Tidewater at some time or other! Never had any trouble with any of them. Especially like Dr. Parks and Dr. Benedict. Great docs and good beside manner with the animals (as well as their owners)!! :smile: