Oh that's gotta suck!

ImnoMensa

I love that commercial on TV where this great looking woman is riding her bicycle and tells us she has genital herpes, but she doesnt let it slow her down.

She just takes this medicine to keep the sore's away and keeps on passing it out.

Duh.

rack'm

Jaded
I'mno Mensa said:
I love that commercial on TV where this great looking woman is riding her bicycle and tells us she has genital herpes, but she doesnt let it slow her down.

She just takes this medicine to keep the sore's away and keeps on passing it out.

Duh.

:killingme I hear ya........

I know a hot chick that just canceled a photo shoot because she has a fever blister on her lip. :eyebrow: I asked her what she used to treat it, she said, "Herpecin" :twitch:

maxima87

Football Mom!!!
Don't people take STD tests before a new partner...or are famous people too good for that? He should have been upfront with her, but she should have been careful. JMO

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?

Attachments

• idhitthat.jpg
    idhitthat.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 123

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
_MightyMouse_ said:
You dirtbag! Call you Eanes Jr. :razz:

Can't be as bad as finding out last week that Benny and I did this same old Asain bird a few years back around the same time.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
maxima87 said:
Don't people take STD tests before a new partner...or are famous people too good for that? He should have been upfront with her, but she should have been careful. JMO

You forgot the :sarcasm: right? You really do know there's no blood test for the gift that keeps on giving don't you?

maxima87

Football Mom!!!
Lenny said:
You forgot the :sarcasm: right? You really do know there's no blood test for the gift that keeps on giving don't you?
No, I didn't forget the :sarcasm:--there are several blood tests that ARE available and there is always a culture test.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
maxima87 said:
No, I didn't forget the :sarcasm:--there are several blood tests that ARE available and there is always a culture test.

Check these out:

http://www.stdservices.on.net/std/herpes/serology.htm
A blood test for herpes is a test for antibodies, which are produced by the immune system when we are infected with HSV. A blood test tells whether you have ever been infected with the herpes virus. It cannot tell when you became infected.

A blood test does not detect the virus itself.

The herpes blood test cannot tell:

* which part of your body is infected (lips or genitals)
* whether you will develop symptoms of herpes
* if your symptoms are due to herpes.

It may take between six and eight weeks to detect antibodies in a herpes blood test after first becoming infected with HSV. Also, antibodies may disappear with time, especially if the person has infrequent recurrences of herpes.

http://www.herpesdiagnosis.com/diagnose.html
Blood tests to identify antibodies are called "serology". Serology can help show that herpes infection has occurred in situations where it is difficult to obtain or to properly transport a sample for virus detection tests. If performed correctly, antibody tests can identify a person as having had an HSV-2 infection or an HSV-1 infection, or both viruses sometime in the past.

HSV blood tests are confusing to patients and to clinicians as well. Unfortunately there are many claims about blood tests--some less accurate than others. This has led to confusion about when blood tests should be done and which tests are accurate. This area of testing is so important, we have devoted an entire section of this website to providing the most current information on HSV serology. Click here to read more about HSV type specific serology.

http://www.bayareafriends.org/herpesbloodtests.htm
Many doctors are not up-to-date about herpes diagnosis, and will tell you that the only way to accurately diagnosis whether or not you have the genital herpes virus is by taking a culture from an active herpes outbreak and sending it to the lab. These doctors *used to* be right. Until recently, there were no reliable herpes blood tests that could distinguish between HSV-1 and HSV-2. And some of the old, inaccurate blood tests are still out there. But research has made great strides, and since 1999, there are NEW IgG blood tests now available that DO distinguish between HSV-1 and HSV-2 and are 97-100% ACCURATE, if taken no earlier than 12-16 weeks after your exposure to the virus.

It appears the San Francisco folks believe in a blood test a lot more than the medical profession.

Warron

rack'm said:
:killingme I hear ya........

I know a hot chick that just canceled a photo shoot because she has a fever blister on her lip. :eyebrow: I asked her what she used to treat it, she said, "Herpecin" :twitch:

Were you unaware that fever blisters are a type of herpes?

They are usually not a result of the same type of herpes that causes genital herpes though and most people who get them were infected as children under the age of 10 by general contact with someone else with the condition.

Some estimates state that up to 80% of the population of the US has the virus that causes fever blisters (herpes simplex 1). Blister occurrence tends to go down significantly as a person gets into their 30s though and many people never get another one after 35 or so.

Herpes simplex 2 which is usually the cause of genital herpes is a very similar condition to herpes simplex 1 but tends to be much more painful and recurs significantly more often and longer.

Last edited:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Warron said:
Were you unaware that fever blisters are a type of herpes?

They are usually not a result of the same type of herpes that causes genital herpes though and most people who get them were infected as children under the age of 10 by general contact with someone else with the condition.

Some estimates state that up to 80% of the population of the US has the virus that causes fever blisters (herpes simplex 1). Blister occurrence tends to go down significantly as a person gets into their 30s though and many people never get another one after 35 or so.

Herpes simplex 2 which is usually the cause of genital herpes is a very similar condition to herpes simplex 1 but tends to be much more painful and recurs significantly more often and longer.
Also chicken pox and shingles are caused by a herpes virus, herpes zoster (HHV-3).