Ok Lusbians...where to take commercial trash...drywall, carpet...

Ponytail

With all teh rain that we're gonna be getting here in the next couple of weeks, I'm gonn start rippings shtuff outta the inside of the house. Old drywall, wood, tile, carpet, concrete, wood paneling,

Where do you take that trash, since the "recycling" center won't take it?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Wouldn't you use the landfill in Appeal? I think it will run you around $44 a ton for this type of debris.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Duh - this is Southern Maryland. You put it in a big pile in the back yard, and light a match!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Drop it off at Bubba Burley Man's house (Barbra's neighbor). He and his passal of kids can use it for bottle rocket targets! :biggrin:

K

Kizzy

There is a landfill off of Rt. 5 in Charles County if you don't find anything closer.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Take it to Appeal landfill, like Ken said. Or you can rent a dumpster.

K

Kain99

Carry it to Charles or keep it in Calvert! St. Mary's doesn't want it! :razz:

K

Kizzy

I'm never moving from Charles County. At least there is one good thing about this place, I know where the dump is.

:lol: Back in my dispatching days, people would call the office and ask, "Where is the dump?" They would politely put them on hold and yell Kim directions to the dump on line 1. That is when the dump was in Pisgah.

Ponytail, everyone keeps saying the Appeal Landfill don't be confused - its in Lusby too! Entrance is right on Route 4 near the Lusby traffic light. If it was summer, you could just follow your nose! And if it was fall, you could look for all the plastic bags stuck in the trees to point you in the right direction.

I went there last fall to throw away a junky lazy-boy and patio table. I wasn't charged anything to throw it away since they considered it "household" refuse. Man, the dump was a nasty place with a ton of seagulls. You have to unload the junk yourself onto a big mountain of junk then there is a guy in a big truck that scoops it all up and makes the mountain bigger.

chris

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by yardsalequeen
Ponytail, everyone keeps saying the Appeal Landfill don't be confused - its in Lusby too! Entrance is right on Route 4 near the Lusby traffic light.

The sign has always cracked me up for the turn into that place:

County Landfill
Sweetwater Road

Kind of an oxymoron.... :lol:

Ponytail

Which light on Rt 4 is the "Lusby traffic light"? Rt 760? Is it off of HG Trueman Rd? NOrth, South? I'm lost. :confused:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
If you go Rt 760 to Rt 4 - take a right onto Rt 4, it's about a 1/4 mile on your left. If you go Cove Point road traffic light on to Rt 4 - take a left onto Rt 4, it's about a 1/4 mile on your right.

willie

How much stuff do you have? If it's a few pieces of drywall and other stuff they won't take at the compactor site, put it in some Heavy duty contractor trash bags and take it to the appeal land fill. Turn left before the scales and dump it in the household trash bins. No charge. If it's metal, dishwashers, lawnmowers etc. go over the scales and they will tell you where to go and it is free also. If you have a lot of building materials then you should go over the scales and bear to the right to the large shed to dump it. It is messy but no big deal. There is a "tipping" fee for this that unless you are using a BIG truck, won't amount to much.

Turn right on RT4 from 760 and get in the left lane. The land fill will be the first left turn. It is next to the tall antenna.
The Dump

Last edited:

Ponytail

I'll be completely gutting 2 bathrooms and a kitchen...It's alot of shtuff. Tub/sink, cabinets, countertops, old flooring tile, carpeting, drywall...