(((echo)))

East of Calvert Cliffs, helicopter on scene, along with fire and rescue :jameo:
No idea yet on status of occupants

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
(((echo))) said:
East of Calvert Cliffs, helicopter on scene, along with fire and rescue :jameo:
No idea yet on status of occupants

Just brought up my Calvert Scanner. Trying to listen now.

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
(((echo))) said:
:passing the mic to jeff:
my job here is done

Listening to Fireboat 3 working with CG on Marine Channell 22A.

MSP Helo apparently on scene as well.

Calvert Dispatch relaying wind/weather information over Calvert System.

Scene Command inquiring as to what other units are enorute. Comms were slightly garbled at this point. Some mention of DNR responding.

Trooper 7 being asked if they are Coordinating with Calvert and what I though was Taylor Island.

Calvert Dispatch advises Command they just spoke with DNR and they have no further resources.

Someone is directing Trooper 7 to proceed south of Cove Point. I can only hear Trooper 7 on the marine Frequencies.

Coast Guard Baltimore is advising that CG helicopters from NJ are Enroute. Expecting to set up a 3 HR search pattern. Evidently the boat has not been found or persons are missing. I have heard no mention of anything being found at this point.

Expected immediate search area is from North tip of Taylors Island to south tip as well as from Calvert Cliffs to Taylors Island as well. Trooper 2 now up around north of Calvert Cliffs expecting to search toward Taylors Island.

Helos still continuing the search. Not much message traffic being passed.

Command to Calvert. Command advises once Fire/EMS boats finish zigzig pattern search they will secure and leave search up to CG and MSP helos.

Trooper 7 preparing to head home for fuel then will return.

CG Sector Balt advising 005 to have someone go around and check all bouys in the area.

Trooper 2 still on scene. Advising been on scene for about 30 minutes. Arrived just after Trooper 7.

Situation report form CG Balt advises the inital report was Boat taking on Water with what I think was 2 souls on board. So they are looking for possible 2 PIWs (PEOPLE in the Water).

CG repeats previous information in Public Advisory on all Marine Frequencies. Adds fact there is no radio communication. Also confirms 2 souls on board.

CG advising they are going to start shooting off 3 127 Illumination flares at three points in the search pattern. Boat will shut off engine and announce over the air when lauches will happen to allow Toooper 2 to kill their FLIR.

CG boat advising they are preparing to light off first flare.

Calvert Boat 3 advising flare sighted south of LNG Platform. Command advises Flare is From CG boat.

Command advising Solomon's Boat 3 to expect 2 more flares to help Illuminate search pattern. Look for possible people in the Water. Also turn engines off regularly to listen for voices.

Another Boat. I think I heard "SEACHASER" advising they are enroute out of Solomons to assist in the search.

****AK-74me... The next two flares will not be in the same location as the first. They advised three flares in three locations. I did not catch the exact location but they seem to be in a line from Taylor's Island to CCNPP.

0329 CG Baltimore with ZODIAK 7. ZODIAK 7 advising fuel needed. Trooper 2 also running low on gas. RTB to Trooper 7's quarters for fuel and will call Landline when on the ground.

CG Sector Balt advsing Low tide in 1 hour.

Calvert Command has terminated their Units in the search.

Private boats asking CG Balt for update on situation. CG Balt advises no update at this point.

CG Boat 005 advising CG Balt they are lighting off 2nd flare

Private Boat advising Flare sighted. Enroute to flare. CG Balt returns call advising it was theirs.

*********Note to anyone within listening range with a scanner. Calvert has secured from this search. All communincations at this point being conducted on Marine Channel 16 & 22A

CG Sector Balt repeating Notice to Mariners to be on the lookout for small boat with 2 people reported taking on water off of Calvert Cliffs. People are reported to have life vests on and no radio contact still.

CG Sec Baltimore advising Trooper 2 may have secured due to ceiling being too low. CG Sect Balt advising CG 005 of lat/lon waypoint for next search pattern.

CG Sector Balt advisng all Civilian Support is done and they can now switch to marine Channel 23 for CG communications. Incoming CG helos will be directed to Ch 23

They have 15 minutes to go till completion of ther current search pattern and then will start 2nd search pattern.

I don't mess with Marine freqs much but things sure got quiet since the switch to Channel 23. I am suspecting it is secure.

Unfortunately I am at work and can't support listening any longer. I do have to do a few things around here sometimes. Hopefully someone else can pick up a piece or 2. I will try to follow along on the scanner though and will update this thread after 0730 or so unless someone else beats me to it.

Hopefully they find these folks in good health. Certainly won't be for lack of effort.

Last edited:

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
LordStanley said:
I wonder if they hit any of thos fish nets. did they say what size vessel it is?

They did not say. As a matter of fact they did say size of vessle unknown. 2 Occupants. All I caught was that the initial report was that the boat was taking on water fast with 2 souls in board. I have still heard nothing as of 0335 that either the boat or the people have been found.

Last edited:

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
Was unable to pay much attention while finishing up my shift at work. All I know was that the search was continuing but was being hindered by low ceiling and a haze moving in restricting visibility to less the 2 miles.

Just walking in the door of the house now and need to configue a scanner for the marine freqs. Shouldn't take me more than a few minutes and I'll try to figure out what is going on.

Last edited:

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
Listening for few minutes now. Have heard nothing related to this on the Marine Freqs as yet. Will be up for a bit to see what I hear.

CG Sector Balt asking one of thir helos about their position. Requesting Helo 59 to advise Sector Balt when on the scene.

CG asking if Helo has what I think I heard as 'DMV' onboard. Helo advising yes.
Helo asking CG Balt where they would like for them to deploy the DMV

Unknown station advising a boat they are in a US NAVY Live Missle Firing area. Asking them to move east or west 25 nautical miles. Oops.

CG Helo 559 advising CG Balt they are on scene and dropping the DMV. Still dunno what that is. Likely some sort of dod dad to tell current direction and speed and such.

Thus far since I started listening after coming home I can only tell that there is this one Helo actively involved in the search. I hear no other meassage traffic being passed.

I think the Helos search pattern is low and further away from me than before. There signal is breaking up. I did catch a reference to punching in 242.65 UHF so I punched that in my scanner as well. That is the CGs Primary UHF Response freq.

0818. Things are still kind of quiet. Helo up continuing search pattern. Apparently only one helo as bet I can tell.

CG Balt is announcing the details again of the missing boat. It seems they known no other information other than the original reports. It appears nothing has been found at this point.

CG Station St. Inigoes requesting position. Apparent CG boat advising they are off of Drum Point.

Last edited:

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
BTW. For anyone interested in listening to this kind of stuff periodically I do feed the audio from several of my scanners to a server. If you are interested. Go to the groups section and request to join the St. Mary's Online Scanner group. Once I approve your membership and you are in you will find a sticky thread in the entitled Accessing the Server or something to that effect. It gives instructions on how to go about listening to one of 4-5 of my receivers I keep running 24/7 and feeding the audio to the net.

You will likely be unable to listen live to todays event but it will be there for future things as well. When not focusing on specific events, I keep the feeds set up for St. Mary's Public Safety as well as Calverts.

Last edited:

nobody really

I need a nap
scanner access

Jeff said:
BTW. For anyone interested in listening to this kind of stuff periodically I do feed the audio from several of my scanners to a server. If you are interested. Go to the groups section and request to join the St. Mary's Online Scanner group. Once I approve your membership and you are in you will find a sticky thread in the entitled Accessing the Server or something to that effect. It gives instructions on how to go about listening to one of 4-5 of my receivers I keep running 24/7 and feeding the audio to the net.

You will likely be unable to listen live to todays event but it will be there for future things as well. When not focusing on specific events, I keep the feeds set up for St. Mary's Public Safety as well as Calverts.

can you give me access to join the st. mary's on line scanner group?
thanks, cathy

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
Continuing
CG 25425 Calling Sector Balt. That they are on station and starting search pattern. Then turns around and advises CG St. Inigoes of same. Helo has been pretty quiet

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
beachcat said:
can you give me access to join the st. mary's on line scanner group?
thanks, cathy

Go to your User CP.... Left side of page please find "Miscellaneous" under that click "Group Memberships". Find St. Mary's Online Scanner and select "Join Group". Once I approve you then continue on with the instrustions as noted in the previous thread.

Be advised, setting up access to my server is going to take you a few minutes. Likely about 10.

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
Continuing
CG 005 with CG Balt Advising they are complete with their assigned search area.
CG Balt. asked if any signs have been spotted like fuel spills and such. CG HELO 005 advises negative.

CG Atlantic City has asked CG Balt to relay to CG HELO 005 and ask if CG Helo 005 is comfortable continuing doing another search after they refuel. CG Helo 005 advising they are willing to continue on with one more search before CG Atlantic City sends another HELO down.

0900. CG 425 advising station they are complete with 2nd leg of search pattern. Continuing with leg 3.

Last edited:

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
Continuing

Search area coordinates being passed. 3rd leg of search pattern about to commence.

CG Helo advising CG Balt of last position of DATUM unit. Signal no longer being received.

CG 559 passing lat/lon to CG Balt.

OK I am tired. the signal is getting a tad weaker and I am too tired to pick the good stuff out of the bad reception. It's past my bedtime. Hopefully these folks will be found. At this point I have heard nothing that leaves me to believe they found any physical evidence at all that there was even a boat in the first place. Hopefully this was not a bogus call for help. But the best of luck to them if not.

Nite all. G'day... whatever.

Last edited: