Lost Parrot Calls Out To Family Dog

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
COLGATE, Wis. -- You've all heard of man's best friend, but what about bird's best friend?

Tango, an African parrot, escaped from her Colgate home last week.

She spent several cold nights lost, until spotting her friend Bodie the St. Bernard, walking along.

From up in a tree, Tango called out Bodie's name.

Their owner saw the bird, rescued her, and took her home to his wife.

"All of a sudden, I heard Tango say, 'What you doing?' I went running out. He (the husband) had found her (while) rollerblading up in the subdivision. So he had taken off his roller blades and ran back in his socks with her and Bodie," Angie Keckeisen said.

Angie Keckeisen said it was the best Mother's Day present she ever had.

Pic of dog and bird

Otter

Nothing to see here
Originally posted by cariblue
How did I miss this? Birds are so cool.

Pssst, I'll give ya catt's cockatiel, you haven't lived til you've heard it squawk "here kitty kitty', 'come here, bubba', 'pretty bird', wolf whistles and hail to the redskins for 3 hours straight..

Otter

Nothing to see here
Originally posted by cariblue
One was a Cherry Head that I caught in my back yard under the mango tree.

How long before someone realizes the editing possibilities of that line....tick tick tick...

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by otter
Pssst, I'll give ya catt's cockatiel, you haven't lived til you've heard it squawk "here kitty kitty', 'come here, bubba', 'pretty bird', wolf whistles and hail to the redskins for 3 hours straight..

AND..he's the only one in the house who appreciates my beauty and tells me so, he's very helpful with the other animals and he loves my football team. What a guy.....:biggrin:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
cattitude said:
Thanks Dustin. :mad: I lost that bird a few months ago. :sad:
:huggy: One of my mom's cockatiels just died. She is heart-broken and the other bird misses his companion. :frown:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
dustin said:
cockatiels don't live very long do they?
I thought they lived quite long actually, but I really don't know. She had this bird for at least 8 or 9 years.

dustin

UAIOE
jazz lady said:
I thought they lived quite long actually, but I really don't know. She had this bird for at least 8 or 9 years.
Dang! The one we had back in the day only lived like a year or so!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
jazz lady said:
Found this at www.cockatiel.org:

A cockatiel's life expectancy ranges from about 10 to 17 years and of course, that depends on how well bred it is and how it's needs are attended to. Sanitary housing, proper nutrition and a safe environment are the necessary requirement to insure your bird a long and healthy life.

dustin

UAIOE
cattitude said:
Yes, they do. Mine escaped my house.

Now, be a good boy and stop reminding people of their lost animals. :bawl:
Have you ever thought maybe it was happy to escape? And fly free? And just how did it fly away with it's wings clipped?