Clothing Donation

Cheetah

Does anyone know of organizations (besides Salvation Army or Value Village) that accept adult clothing donations in Calvert County?

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
SMILE will take them. There is a church located on Rt. 765 in Lusby, between Southern Middle Sch. and Calvert Cliffs Park. I can't remember the name of the church, but if you pull in they are in a building on the right (church on the left). Donations are accepted at the rear of the bldg.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
And if you are in the Beaches - the ladies Auxillary takes donations at the little building where 260 splits/curves.

Somehow I got on the telephone call list for the Purple Heart people. They call every few months and ask if I have any clothing or household stuff to donate since they will be in my street on such and such a date to pick up donations (and leave a blank tax deduction receipt). http://www.purpleheart.org/Donations.htm

I love it since they come right to my front porch to pick up the donations. And since I am a frequent shopper at the Help store (in Twin Beaches), the Catholic Charities in PF and Smile in Lusby I don't want to donate to them since I would be too tempted to buy back my stuff if I saw it in the stores! I also shop at both the Vintage Values stores in St. Mary's.

Any other thrifts in Calvert or St. Mary's that I'm not aware of?

chris
"Retail is for suckers" - Kramer.

K

Kizzy

Any other thrifts in Calvert or St. Mary's that I'm not aware of?

Looks like you may have to drop off your donations in another county, maybe Charles. :shrug: