Sunburn

Does anyone have any remendies for a sunburn. I tanned on Monday and got burnt. It hurts so bad and I need some relief. Please help me!!!

SxyPrincess

Soak in a little bit of vinegar, of course in a tub of water. I heard that helps take the sting out. Don't forget to use lot's of moisturizer!

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Re: Stay Away From the Butta'!

Originally posted by cariblue
BK, you butthead.

Go to the store and get the aloe with lidocaine. It's blue. Works great.

BUTTHEAD!?!?!?!

I'll have you know that butter has a wide variety of very useful applications!
:p

Originally posted by SxyPrincess
Soak in a little bit of vinegar, of course in a tub of water. I heard that helps take the sting out. Don't forget to use lot's of moisturizer!

I can not handle any hot water or warm water right now. Will cold water be okay?

Hek I can't even wear a bra because it hurts so bad.

I have been applying moisturizer at least 4-5 times a day. Not aloe. Using straight vitamin E. But I am going to the store to buy plenty of aloe.

SxyPrincess

Whatever water temperature you can handle is fine. I understand the pain your going through. I usually burn a little the first time I go to the tanning bed. How long did you tan for?

Originally posted by SxyPrincess
Whatever water temperature you can handle is fine. I understand the pain your going through. I usually burn a little the first time I go to the tanning bed. How long did you tan for?

I tanned for 20 minutes. I already had a base tan. Just got back from Florida. I have olive skin and I tan very easy. I normally tan every summer. But last year I didn't because I was pregnant and then had the baby. I have never burned like this before. I can't even sleep at night. I am going to have to drink a beer and take a pain killer tonight so that I can get some sleep.

blueeyes76

what tanning salon did you go to? they shouldn't have let you go that long your first time, base tan or not.

i have olive skin as well and rarely burn but i started out doing only 10 minutes in the tanning bed.

LPMEDIC

Doin the duty for you....
Originally posted by Guest
Does anyone have any remendies for a sunburn. I tanned on Monday and got burnt. It hurts so bad and I need some relief. Please help me!!!

Banana Boat makes the BEST stuff for sunburns.

It is a Blue Gel in a bottle.. it has Aloe and Lidocaine in it.. It soothes the burn on contact.. Try it you won't regret it.. Walmart sells it:) :)

LPMEDIC

Doin the duty for you....

Jameo

What?!
I know how you feel, I got burnt up 2 weekends ago and it hurt to walk!!! ouch!

Try soaking in a tub with some WHITE Vinager, that will help. Or try soaking in a tub with some backing soda. Just don't mix them together:eek:

watercolor

yeah yeah
also, just to throw my two sense in...

try a cool bath with oatmeal..it helps...try oatmeal and baking soda....it really really helps....

then use some aloe vera...you can also put aloe in there with you...but make sure the water is luke warm...not cold, cause it will shock the skin...and it will huuuuuuurrrt

:(

Also, you can try solercane..I think it is called...its a spray that seemed to help my friend.;)

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Originally posted by cariblue
reading all the posts I have to wonder....how many people actually read replies to a post before posting their own. So many of the same answers!

This is a grumpy response...

watercolor

yeah yeah
I was not meaning to state the same thing, i was just posting the mixing concotions I had come up with that had worked for me...

(if this was even aimed at me)