Mountain Lion in California Maryland.

Realist

No B.S Pleez
I found this hard to believe, but the people telling the story seemed credible. While at Cheeseburger's on Saturday my family and I were seated next to two couples that were in town from Minnesota. They were staying at the sleep in across the street. I overheard the words Mountain Lion, and then tuned in to a bit more of the conversation. Not wanting to be rude and just eaves drop on their story, I politley interupted and ask If I heard them correctly. Indeed, they confirmed that they spotted a Mountain Lion just across the street. I said, "a Mountain Lion??" I told them that I've been here a long time and and never heard of one in this area. They had been so concerned when they spotted it that they called animal control. Evidently they came out, looked at the tracks left by the animal and verified that it was a very large (not domestic) cat. They (Animal control) assumed that someone had it as a pet and it escaped or was released. I'm going to try to confirm the story on Monday. In the meantime, if you live in the area, watch your pets, and small children for that matter.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Bet we can take care of that with a little anti-freeze.

Yes, it's a reference to the feral cat thread. :elaine:

Peter Forsberg

Realist said:
I found this hard to believe, but the people telling the story seemed credible. While at Cheeseburger's on Saturday my family and I were seated next to two couples that were in town from Minnesota. They were staying at the sleep in across the street. I overheard the words Mountain Lion, and then tuned in to a bit more of the conversation. Not wanting to be rude and just eaves drop on their story, I politley interupted and ask If I heard them correctly. Indeed, they confirmed that they spotted a Mountain Lion just across the street. I said, "a Mountain Lion??" I told them that I've been here a long time and and never heard of one in this area. They had been so concerned when they spotted it that they called animal control. Evidently they came out, looked at the tracks left by the animal and verified that it was a very large (not domestic) cat. They (Animal control) assumed that someone had it as a pet and it escaped or was released. I'm going to try to confirm the story on Monday. In the meantime, if you live in the area, watch your pets, and small children for that matter.
Must have been some good drugs. :lmao:

B

Bronwyn

That would be cool to see. When I lived up in Pa in the mountians I got a glimpse of one as it ran across the street. Let us know if you are able to confirm the story!

J and M

Realist said:

I believe this. We have friends that live in Upper Marlboro and they apparently have a cougar/mountain lion living on their property. They called animal control the first time they saw it and they were told that they(animal control) could not do anything because there was no sighting by them. The homeowners then contacted DNR. They sent someone down who confirmed that the cats (estimated 3) are indeed living on the property. DRN found fur, scratch marks on trees, bedding areas, and tree limbs that have been weighted down. He told them that it was illegal to trap or shoot the animal. The homeowners have seen the cats in the garden mostly.

The homeowner put flyers up at the local grocery stores to alert area residents, since nobody can seem to do anything about the animals, and P.G. Police called and told him to stop because he would cause panic.

Kyle said:
Anyone have a dog that'll chase that cat?

Yeah, this is a story of a famous dog
For the dog that chases its tail will be dizzy
These are clapping dogs, rhythmic dogs
Harmonic dogs, house dogs, street dogs
Dog of the world unite
Dancin' dogs
Yeah
Countin' dogs, funky dogs
Nasty dogs (Dog)

Atomic dog
Atomic dog

Like the boys
When they're out there walkin' the streets
May compete
Nothin' but the dog in ya

Bow-wow-wow-yippie-yo-yippie-yeah
Bow-wow-yippie-yo-yippie-yeah

Like the boys
May compete

Why must I feel like that
Oh, why must I chase the cat

Like the boys
May compete

Ruff
Ruff
Ruff

Why must I chase the cat
Nothin' but the dog in me

Why must I chase the cat

Why must I chase the cat

Why must I chase the cat

Do the dogcatcher, dogcatcher
Do the dogcatcher
Do the dogcatcher

Do the dogcatcher, baby, do the dogcatcher
Ooh

Why must I chase the cat

Why must I chase the cat

Just walkin' the dog
Oh, atomic dog

Futuristic bow-wow

Ruff

Leader of the pack
Wild dog

Why must I chase the cat
Just the dog in me

Why must I chase the cat
Just the dog in me

Why must I chase the cat
The dog in me (Dog in me)
The dog is in me (Dog in me)

Do the dogcatcher
Do you wanna do the dogcatcher
Well, baby, why don't you do it again for me

Dogcatcher, dogcatcher
Do the dogcatcher

House-trained dogs
Wild dogs
Say it again

Why must I chase the cat

Rael

Supper's Ready
aps45819 said:
I remember this report at Andrews last year. It spread throughout the base mid-afternoon that day, but didn't mention when the witness saw them (nor whom the witness was). The housing area and commissary are quite far apart from each other with a lot of very busy areas in between, so I found the report more than a little difficult to believe. Not to mention how busy and populated the area around Andrews is.

Nothing ever came out of it to the best of my knowledge. No animals fitting the descriptions found or sited again, etc. Confusion with another animal maybe? Who knows...

beamher

Rael said:
I remember this report at Andrews last year. It spread throughout the base mid-afternoon that day, but didn't mention when the witness saw them (nor whom the witness was). The housing area and commissary are quite far apart from each other with a lot of very busy areas in between, so I found the report more than a little difficult to believe. Not to mention how busy and populated the area around Andrews is.

Nothing ever came out of it to the best of my knowledge. No animals fitting the descriptions found or sited again, etc. Confusion with another animal maybe? Who knows...

i remember this being reported at andrews on two occasions with some time in-between the sightings

K

kris31280

:offtopic: Why are there so many people from Minnesota here all of a sudden?

K

kris31280

desertrat said:
I suspect they are smuggling in mountain lions.

:lmao:
So THAT must've been what was making that racket in the trailer on the way here!

I just thought it was furniture moving around ;c)

danceintherain

I have also seen a very large cat of some kind off of Sotterly Road in Hollywood twice over the past few months. It ran across the road in front of my car. The first time I was shocked and thought maybe it was a large domestic cat but after the second time I knew it was something different. I'm thinking bob cat.