Walmart Supercenter.

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
Has any body seen any website giving any information on the upgrading of the California Walmart? I was wondering about when they expected to be done and whether or not they were going to be open 24/7 at some point.

Lexib_

Blah.. Blah...Blah
Last time I went there I asked at the customer service center. I was told sometime in october. Not sure if that is going to happen.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I heard it's supposed to be finished prior to the Christmas shopping season.

It's gonna have a full Pharmacy, Eyecare Center, Starbucks, Photo Shop, Garden Center, Full Service Automotive Center, Starbucks, All the Walmart Departments like the regular stores, Groceries, Massage Parlor, Starbucks, McDonalds, Liquor Emporium, Full Bookstore section, Adult Toy Center, Starbucks...

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
SuperTarget in LaPlata has Starbucks and Pizza Hut. I've seen that combo a lot lately. The old Walmart had a McDonalds, but if its got a Starbucks, I wonder if it will have Pizza Hut as well.

Dork

Highlander's MPD
bresamil said:
SuperTarget in LaPlata has Starbucks and Pizza Hut. I've seen that combo a lot lately. The old Walmart had a McDonalds, but if its got a Starbucks, I wonder if it will have Pizza Hut as well.

Wow, you're lucky. They just built us a brand new WAl-Mart up here in Dunkirk and it's just a little larger than a 7-11 store. If we make a Wal-Mart run, we still go to Prince Frederick. The one in Dunkirk is lame.

Rael

Supper's Ready
Dork said:
Wow, you're lucky. They just built us a brand new WAl-Mart up here in Dunkirk and it's just a little larger than a 7-11 store. If we make a Wal-Mart run, we still go to Prince Frederick. The one in Dunkirk is lame.
Couldn't agree more, very lame. We've been there a few times, but have never found what we were looking for. Wifee went to look to see what kind of clothes they had, and the smallest size is something like XXL.

I'd rather support local businesses for the things I need instead of them anyhow.:yay:

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
Dork said:

I was raised up in Dunkirk. Little house just south of Lyons Creek Road. There is a subdivision just past Lyons Creek that used to be a field. I lived in the first house past the new subdivision. I think it's still the first driveway on Rt.4 coming southbound past Lyon's Creek. Small house with split rail fence around it.

I am hoping this SuperCenter goes 24 hours a day. I work nights and it would be great to do my shopping on a weekend night when there is nobody else out.

maxima87

Football Mom!!!
Not sure about a Pizza Hut but I know that they are putting in a Subway. At one point they were discussing putting in a health clinic like they have at a select few other Wal*Marts but I don't know if that passed approval.

jenbengen

Watch it
Kyle said:
It's gonna have a full Pharmacy, Eyecare Center, Starbucks, Photo Shop, Garden Center, Full Service Automotive Center, Starbucks, All the Walmart Departments like the regular stores, Groceries, Massage Parlor, Starbucks, McDonalds, Liquor Emporium, Full Bookstore section, Adult Toy Center, Starbucks...

The real question is whether they will have more lanes open to check out. :yay: :lmao:

Geek

chillie0413 said:
Yes Walmrt is should be opening Oct 24,2007 and gonna be 24 hr store we are gonna have sub way, bank, beauty tire lube nice large garden center

I will be the first to sign up for the beauty tire lube :popcorn:

Dork

Highlander's MPD
Geek said:
I will be the first to sign up for the beauty tire lube :popcorn:

What aisle can I find this beauty tire lube stuff in? Never mind, I'll just look for Geek.

belvak

Happy Camper
Geek said:
Wal Mart makes me :bawl: Too confuzzelating :jameo:

I love "confuzzelating"!!! :killingme My favorite new word of the month! Maybe of the year! I'll make sure to cite you as the source! As for the "beauty tire lube," guess they just make your tires look really pretty? :confused:

MMDad

Lem Putt
Dork said:
You can thank our county commisioners for that. They were "saving" us from all that damn convenience. They also wanted to make sure they didn't draw any of those blasted shoppers from outside the county into Calvert to spend their money. No, we don't want anyone actually stopping to shop here, just pass through without spending a dime.

Rael

Supper's Ready
I didn't want the Walmart is Dunkirk to begin with. Just as content in going to Prince Frederick or elsewhere, like I still do!

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Dork said:
If we make a Wal-Mart run, we still go to Prince Frederick.
MMDad said:
They also wanted to make sure they didn't draw any of those blasted shoppers from outside the county into Calvert to spend their money.
Has something drastic changed about which I am not aware? Is PF no longer in Calvert? :confused:

How many people will travel many miles just to shop at Wal-Mart? Especially when Wal-Mart has as many locations as it does.

MMDad said:
No, we don't want anyone actually stopping to shop here, just pass through without spending a dime.
That sounds like Wal-Mart is the only place to stop, which would be pretty sad. I'm sure there are plenty of homegrown places that would rather receive the business.