Crazy Lady directing Traffic Rt. 235 and Rt. 4 on Friday...

krazd_kat

Help "Invisible Dogs"
On Friday about 3:30 or so, I was headed down Rt. 4 to 235 when all of a sudden I noticed a lady dressed in black w/a hat and a cane stepping out into traffic! :jameo:

Come to find out (after making sure I didn't hit her), she was trying to make sure traffic stopped for the school bus headed the opposite direction! She was waving her cane and yelling at the other truck in front of me that didn't stop.

YES the buses flashers were on, but that is a difficult location to see all that going on (especially when my attention at that point was on a crazy lady waving a cane, in the traffic lane). It seems to me that if there is a problem at that location that the local police department needs to step in to cover this instead of counting on crazy people. When the bus turned off it's flashers the driver waved at her and she waved back...

I stopped into the WaWa to get gas and continued to observe her and she also stopped the traffic for something else (looked like she was retrieving something from the road).

After about 5 minutes she waltzed on into the trailer park behind the Subway.

If you are in that general area during the times the buses are stopping, you now have to watch for a crazy lady stepping into traffic as well as the children exiting the bus.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Geek said:
I look cute in that hat :bawl:
Oh thank goodness it was you. :huggy: I was worried for a moment that it was me, cause I was medicated on Friday and don't remember a thing. And it sounds like something I'd do unmedicated. :lmao:

PrepH4U

krazd_kat said:
On Friday about 3:30 or so, I was headed down Rt. 4 to 235 when all of a sudden I noticed a lady dressed in black w/a hat and a cane stepping out into traffic! :jameo:

Come to find out (after making sure I didn't hit her), she was trying to make sure traffic stopped for the school bus headed the opposite direction! She was waving her cane and yelling at the other truck in front of me that didn't stop.

YES the buses flashers were on, but that is a difficult location to see all that going on (especially when my attention at that point was on a crazy lady waving a cane, in the traffic lane). It seems to me that if there is a problem at that location that the local police department needs to step in to cover this instead of counting on crazy people. When the bus turned off it's flashers the driver waved at her and she waved back...

I stopped into the WaWa to get gas and continued to observe her and she also stopped the traffic for something else (looked like she was retrieving something from the road).

After about 5 minutes she waltzed on into the trailer park behind the Subway.

If you are in that general area during the times the buses are stopping, you now have to watch for a crazy lady stepping into traffic as well as the children exiting the bus.

I think she is from Minnesota! :killingme

Geek

migtig said:
Oh thank goodness it was you. :huggy: I was worried for a moment that it was me, cause I was medicated on Friday and don't remember a thing. And it sounds like something I'd do unmedicated. :lmao:

:roflmao:

GopherM

Darwin was right
Maybe some of the old timers will remember when something similar happened on Great Mills Road in front of the Roost. Rose's bar used to be between the Roost and Raley's and one of the dancers from Rose's came out in her birthday suit and directed traffic through the intersection.