Rt 4 North and Plum Point Road - Friday night

johnjrval424

Sorry if this is a little late - but curious to know if anyone heard of an accident Friday night, around 2:00 am or earlier, just north of Plum Point Road on Rt. 4? Husband was coming home from playing cards and saw Rt. 4 shut down - I saw the pavement markings Monday morning on my way to work. It was past the traffic light so I'm wondering how it happened.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
I saw them too, on Sunday and wondered. They are right in front of Calverton School, IIRC.

johnjrval424

To be honest, I wish the police would find another means of marking the pavement - one that would go away after awhile. I realize the argument could be made that it is a reminder of what could happen...but it is very hard, I'm sure, on family members to see a constant reminder.

The pavement markings are STILL there from the accident last year at Rt. 4 and the exit for 258, where the woman from Huntingtown was killed on her motorcycle. I see those directional markings on the road every morning and it just gets me every time...and the paint isn't fading.

SJSWING

johnjrval424 said:
Sorry if this is a little late - but curious to know if anyone heard of an accident Friday night, around 2:00 am or earlier, just north of Plum Point Road on Rt. 4? Husband was coming home from playing cards and saw Rt. 4 shut down - I saw the pavement markings Monday morning on my way to work. It was past the traffic light so I'm wondering how it happened.

The incident was a Auto accident that involved a Honda SUV and a Motorcycle. The call was dispatched between 10 and 11 that evening. They ended up landing Trooper 2 in the northbound lane of Rt. 4. The person operating the motorcycle was a 22 yr old male that had serious head trama. Wish there was more that I could remember from that call that evening, but then ended up listening to a burglary that had just happened at the same time in north beach.

cuddlybbw

johnjrval424 said:

http://www.hvfd6.org/index.cfm?fs=news.newsView&News_ID=450

beamher

johnjrval424 said:
To be honest, I wish the police would find another means of marking the pavement - one that would go away after awhile. I realize the argument could be made that it is a reminder of what could happen...but it is very hard, I'm sure, on family members to see a constant reminder.
The pavement markings are STILL there from the accident last year at Rt. 4 and the exit for 258, where the woman from Huntingtown was killed on her motorcycle. I see those directional markings on the road every morning and it just gets me every time...and the paint isn't fading.

same here; still see the green markings from the motorcycle accident near the tow truck company and cherry hill road(?); also on the beltway from when the cop was chasing the motorcycle.........it does something to me so i can only imagine what it does to a loved one.