Sugar Hole Apartments?

ashliekay711

Does any one know anything about "Sugar Hole Apartments" I think is what its called, down in Avenue... like how much rent is if there is one available, who I would call... etc. TIA

Mikeinsmd

ashliekay711 said:
Does any one know anything about "Sugar Hole Apartments" I think is what its called, down in Avenue... like how much rent is if there is one available, who I would call... etc. TIA
Yes. Your electric bill will be astronomical.

Mikeinsmd

ashliekay711 said:
Boy & Ruth Hayden used to own them. May still. :shrug:

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
I had a friend who lived there. Decent older apartments. However, good luck getting one. They are rarely ever empty, and when someone does move out, another person moves in just as fast. I think there's a list for them or something. Bernard Bailey owns them now unless he sold them recently. I'm not sure I have the right number for him, but I can PM it to you.

Last edited:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Tinkerbell said:
I had a friend who lived there. Decent older apartments. However, good luck getting one. They are rarely ever empty, and when someone does move out, another person moves in just as fast. I think there's a list for them or something. Bernard Bailey owns them now unless he sold them recently. I'm not sure I have the right number for him, but I can PM it to you.

I think Bernard still owns them, but he also owns other rental properties in the area, and has a ton of contacts, so he may be able to lead you in the right direction.

Also, there's the apartments up on Thomas Court (Mt. Pleasant). I think Tommy Fowler still owns them.

acrcar23

what cha talkin' bout?
nachomama said:
I think Bernard still owns them, but he also owns other rental properties in the area, and has a ton of contacts, so he may be able to lead you in the right direction.

Also, there's the apartments up on Thomas Court (Mt. Pleasant). I think Tommy Fowler still owns them.

There's two apartments open on thomas court, $925 a month i think.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Bernard Bailey doesnt own them anymore. And as of right now- I know there are no vac's.. but- there might be in the future. Who knows. I can pm you the number of the person who owns them now.

BUT- let me warn you- the smeco bills are not nice! But that is because they are a cinderblock building and dont have alot of insulation.

Last edited:

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
acrcar23 said:
My daycare worker lives next to those apartments. They seem to be pretty decent and quiet. I don't think there's ever been any problems there. I can't tell if any are vacant though. I'll have to look this afternoon.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Tinkerbell said:
My daycare worker lives next to those apartments. They seem to be pretty decent and quiet. I don't think there's ever been any problems there. I can't tell if any are vacant though. I'll have to look this afternoon.

Is C your daycare provider?

watercolor

yeah yeah
Tinkerbell said:

As far as I know- none of those are vacant either. Wouldn't hurt to call though. And I have NEVER heard of anything being unpleasant there. My inlaws live right across from them also.

maylinduplantis

gunslinger
nachomama said:

Bernard no longer owns them, his son, Tony, does. However, 99% of the time once an apartment frees up, someone else gets it by word of mouth "I'm moving out at the end of the month, but I have a friend who needs a place" kinda thing...

acrcar23 said:

925!! The apartments on Thomas Court aren't worth $525 a month. Plus, every once in a while some crazy dude goes driving around randomly on one of them old person carts you see at the mall or where ever... he'll leave you alone mainly but he talks to himself or sings... same goes for the guy who cuts grass right across from the apartments... sings horribly at the top of his lungs... crazy neighborhood... good people, just a bunch of nuts...

watercolor

yeah yeah
maylinduplantis said:
he'll leave you alone mainly but he talks to himself or sings... same goes for the guy who cuts grass right across from the apartments... sings horribly at the top of his lungs... crazy neighborhood... good people, just a bunch of nuts...

You are going to hell.. I am telling on you. :lmao:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
maylinduplantis said:
Bernard no longer owns them, his son, Tony, does. However, 99% of the time once an apartment frees up, someone else gets it by word of mouth "I'm moving out at the end of the month, but I have a friend who needs a place" kinda thing...

925!! The apartments on Thomas Court aren't worth $525 a month. Plus, every once in a while some crazy dude goes driving around randomly on one of them old person carts you see at the mall or where ever... he'll leave you alone mainly but he talks to himself or sings... same goes for the guy who cuts grass right across from the apartments... sings horribly at the top of his lungs... crazy neighborhood... good people, just a bunch of nuts...

Well then it's a good thing I moved out...:roflmao:

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
Hopefully times have changed since I lived in one of the apartments back in 1995. Roaches and mice. We lived there for about 2 months and packed up b/c they, meaning the Bailey's, wouldn't do anything about it. I lost my deposit but I really didn't give a crap.