Accident on the Bridge?

my husband's stuck in traffic. a coworker called MD State Police, Prince Fred. office and they are saying that it's construction. Another co-worker who comes in from St. Leonard said she didn't see anything when she came over around 6am... anyone know if there is an accident, or if it's really construction?

Thanks...

Vince

BA in SoMD said:
my husband's stuck in traffic. a coworker called MD State Police, Prince Fred. office and they are saying that it's construction. Another co-worker who comes in from St. Leonard said she didn't see anything when she came over around 6am... anyone know if there is an accident, or if it's really construction?

Thanks...
Both. Saw an ambulance and a state police car heading North when I hit the bridge. When I finally got across they were doing scheduled construction on one of the metal joints.

OrneryPest

lower life form
BA in SoMD said:

Thanks...
Which bridge? From my front door I can see the Thomas Johnson bridge and traffic is moving normally in both directions.

Vince

OrneryPest said:
Which bridge? From my front door I can see the Thomas Johnson bridge and traffic is moving normally in both directions.
I was just sitting in the traffic 20 minutes ago. They must have finished their work and cleared out in a hurry, but then they're supposed to be done by the time rush hour starts.

Hi, yes, I was talking about the Solomons Bridge... he just called and told me they just got over (so he was held up for about 30 minutes), he saw the construction, and said that the Calvert side is way backed up too.

Thanks!

Bay_Kat

Tropical
BA in SoMD said:
Hi, yes, I was talking about the Solomons Bridge... he just called and told me they just got over (so he was held up for about 30 minutes), he saw the construction, and said that the Calvert side is way backed up too.

Thanks!

My husband just told me it's all backed up. A co worker of his turned around and went home to wait it out, not sure if that'll help since it's construction. I've got to go that way this morning, I really don't want to go up to the Benedict bridge.

Vince

Bay_Kat said:
My husband just told me it's all backed up. A co worker of his turned around and went home to wait it out, not sure if that'll help since it's construction. I've got to go that way this morning, I really don't want to go up to the Benedict bridge.
If it's still under construction this afternoon, that's the way I'm going home.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Vince said:
If it's still under construction this afternoon, that's the way I'm going home.

Just heard on the scanner, it's still backed up and construction will continue.

Vince

Bay_Kat said:
Just heard on the scanner, it's still backed up and construction will continue.
They're working on one of the metal joints. They just about have to finish it or bring in the metal plates to cover it.

beamher

it inched along for a few minutes then it completely stopped and traffic was coming from the calvert side. i was hoping that they were going to relieve some traffic on the st. mary's side but after about 20 minutes i finally gave up and flipped a u-turn and went up route 5 :burning:

are there any radio stations to tune into to get traffic reports for so. md.??

hammishsqueak

We're all mad here.
I left long before my father this morning and gave him a call that the bridge was backed up so he could hang out at his house and relax for a few extra minutes. He gives me a call while I'm sitting in traffic saying thank you- he took the side road (H.G Trueman) from Rousby Hall and looped under the bridge, completely passing me on 4. :cussing:

I'm sure this has been discussed 1,000,000 times, but I'd like to see some other efficient way to make it across from southern Calvert to St. Marys than that one bridge. Sometimes I think even a TOLL bridge would be a nice alternate if it's quicker! :lmao:

willie

beamher said:
are there any radio stations to tune into to get traffic reports for so. md.??
Yes, several. They will be reporting that problem Wednesday morning.

beamher

hammishsqueak said:
I left long before my father this morning and gave him a call that the bridge was backed up so he could hang out at his house and relax for a few extra minutes. He gives me a call while I'm sitting in traffic saying thank you- he took the side road (H.G Trueman) from Rousby Hall and looped under the bridge, completely passing me on 4. :cussing:

I'm sure this has been discussed 1,000,000 times, but I'd like to see some other efficient way to make it across from southern Calvert to St. Marys than that one bridge. Sometimes I think even a TOLL bridge would be a nice alternate if it's quicker! :lmao:

is this from calvert to st. mary's :shrug:; is there a way from the st. mary's side??