how long until the catholic religion dies?

GusChiggins

Old Prospector
could it be anymore stuck in the past? catholicism is not relevant in this day and age. and they elect a pope who's even more conservative than the last one. good grief.

Mikeinsmd

GusChiggins said:
could it be anymore stuck in the past? catholicism is not relevant in this day and age. and they elect a pope who's even more conservative than the last one. good grief.
You're gonna be a BIG hit here..... :duh:

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
GusChiggins said:
:killingme :killingme :killingme
...nevermind....not worth it. :killingme

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
GusChiggins said:
If you're not Catholic, what do you care? :lol:

Starman3000m

GusChiggins said:

Catholicism, like Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, Taoism, Mormonism, Jehovah's Witnesses, Moonies, Various "Christian" Denominations, etc. will remain in effect until Y'shua HaMaschiah returns to remind people that it is NOT religion that brings people closer to God but a personal spiritual relationship with The Creator.

Well hath Esaias prophesied - these people worship me with their lips ( canned prayers -rituals and traditions) BUT their hearts are far from Me.

Last edited:

High EGT

Gort! Klaatu barada nikto
Hello

GusChiggins said:

So how long you’ve been waiting to get that off your chest? Feel better now? And oh ya, "Wellcome to the Forum"!

MMDad

Lem Putt
GusChiggins said:
how long until the catholic religion dies?
That's an easy one! Since the catholic church continues to grow in the U.S. and the world, it's easy to extrapolate that it will not die.

If the church showed a downward trend in membership, then we could speculate on how long that trend will last.

Next question?

Woodyspda

MMDad said:
That's an easy one! Since the catholic church continues to grow in the U.S. and the world, it's easy to extrapolate that it will not die.

If the church showed a downward trend in membership, then we could speculate on how long that trend will last.

Next question?

Last I understood, the catholic church was slipping in membership here in the U.S. due mostly to perverted priests. I know that in New England, catholic churches are being put up for sale regularly. My home town used to have over 20 catholic churches and is down to about 12 now. Now, I DID see something that showed the Mormon faith growing exponentially. That would be the church of Latter Day Saints for those who did not realize.

CAPPY2609

dont be dumb
Starman3000m said:
Y'shua HaMaschiah
Well hath Esaias prophesied - these people worship me with their lips ( canned prayers -rituals and traditions) BUT their hearts are far from Me.

sounds like an iranian cab driver i met once.

brendar buhl

Doesn't seem Christian
Starman3000m said:
Catholicism, like Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, Taoism, Mormonism, Jehovah's Witnesses, Moonies, Various "Christian" Denominations, etc. will remain in effect until Y'shua HaMaschiah returns to remind people that it is NOT religion that brings people closer to God but a personal spiritual relationship with The Creator.

Maybe if the Catholics sprinkle some Hebrew words and some Greek words into their prayers...

Bavarian

Woodyspda said:
Last I understood, the catholic church was slipping in membership here in the U.S. due mostly to perverted priests. I know that in New England, catholic churches are being put up for sale regularly. My home town used to have over 20 catholic churches and is down to about 12 now. Now, I DID see something that showed the Mormon faith growing exponentially. That would be the church of Latter Day Saints for those who did not realize.
The Churches are being sold to raise money to pay the lawsuits by people claiming to have been abused by Priests. Many settlements are being paid out to avoid the cost of a trial.
The Catholic Church will never fail, God promised to be with her until the end of time. The Holy Spirit guides and protects The Church. The Holy Spirit elects the Pope by guiding the Cardinal Electors.
Now, as to whether Pope Benedict XVI is more conservative than Pope John Paul II is a matter of opinion. Neither one was/is conservative.

Starman3000m

Bavarian said:
The Churches are being sold to raise money to pay the lawsuits by people claiming to have been abused by Priests. Many settlements are being paid out to avoid the cost of a trial.
The Catholic Church will never fail, God promised to be with her until the end of time. The Holy Spirit guides and protects The Church. The Holy Spirit elects the Pope by guiding the Cardinal Electors.
Now, as to whether Pope Benedict XVI is more conservative than Pope John Paul II is a matter of opinion. Neither one was/is conservative.

Hmmm.... With all due respect, the term "Catholic" means Universal and in terms of New Testament theology is not specific to the Vatican RCC but encompasses all who are "born again" of the Spirit of God. It is one's personal Faith in Christ not one's membership to any "church" that was establlished by man. (According to the New Testament)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
GusChiggins said:
Are you Catholic?

If not, why do you care?

Bavarian

The Catholic Church is the only Church that has the four marks of the True Church: One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic. Therefore, as Dominus Jesu stated, other faith communities are defective. The Protestant faith communities are many, they are not one. They are not Apostolic since they rejected Apostolic Succession. The Schizmatic Churches of the Eastern Rite still have the Truth also.
Jesus made St. Peter the first Pope. One has to submit to the Pope to gain salvation. It has been argued whether anyone can gain Heaven now that the Holy Roman Empire is no more and people are under secular regimes.
It is necessary to establish the Social Kingship of Christ on Earth with His Mother as Queen.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
Starman3000m said:
Hmmm.... With all due respect, the term "Catholic" means Universal and in terms of New Testament theology is not specific to the Vatican RCC but encompasses all who are "born again" of the Spirit of God. It is one's personal Faith in Christ not one's membership to any "church" that was establlished by man. (According to the New Testament)

The New Testament according to whom? Starman3000m?

Here we go again...:yawn:

JMJ