Stir Crazy

K

kris31280

Apparently my frustration is normal, btw... it's called "Culture Shock" or something. I learned that in college tonight.

Anyway... I'm going stir crazy... I need conversation that's more than mother/daughter or mother/2 year old or 27 year old/18 year old.

I need a great place to just go relax at and have a beer when I come home from class.

I need to find a place where the people are approachable or are willing to approach and we can have discussions about meaningful and meaningless things.

Any ideas?

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
There is a place I have been meaning to try. Blue Wind Gormet. Kind of accross the street from Walmart. Friends say the food is OK but it's a laid back drinking crowd as well I think.

I am not much in into the loud crowded bar scene. I may give it a try sometime

Purplefox

I AM an enigma
Jeff said:
There is a place I have been meaning to try. Blue Wind Gormet. Kind of accross the street from Walmart. Friends say the food is OK but it's a laid back drinking crowd as well I think.

I am not much in into the loud crowded bar scene. I may give it a try sometime

My brother LOVES Blue Wind Gourmet. Have not been there myself but heard GREAT things about them. Will have to check them out....if you go, let me know what you thought...

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
Purplefox said:
My brother LOVES Blue Wind Gourmet. Have not been there myself by heard GREAT things about them. Will have to check them out....if you go, let me know what you thought...

I keep wanting to stop by there but I work at night and can't drink the evening. I guess I could stop in for lunch or something.

K

kris31280

My problem is this fear of going to a bar by myself because I'm afraid I look like I'm trying for the hook up or something and really that's not the case at all.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
You have already found a perfect place for meaningless conversation... but it sounds like you're not happy enough with the forums.

As for meaningful conversations...

:crickets:

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
kris31280 said:
My problem is this fear of going to a bar by myself because I'm afraid I look like I'm trying for the hook up or something and really that's not the case at all.

This is Southern MD. Who gives a crap what strangers think.

ocean733

kris31280 said:

I love adults. I watch kids all day.

I am too tired after yelling all day long to travel for a beer.

If you want to hang out, meet me near or at my house and you're on!

M

missperky

ocean733 said:

:yeahthat: I feel ya.

Purplefox

I AM an enigma
ocean733 said:

he he he. I feel your pain. I did day care for a couple years.....20 years ago. I used to put on makeup and make special Iced tea for the mail man just to get some adult convesation that was'nt strawberry shortcake or doctor dreadfuls!

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
kris31280 said:
Uh... me?

Understand. was j/k. I don't get out a whole lot so am not familiar with too many places one can go to and have a relaxing drink and some converstion. Most places I have tried have the jukbox blaring or are so crowded you can't sit down. Not very relaxing from my POV,

But I do hear Blue Wind has a quiet atmosphere

K

kris31280

ocean733 said:

Point me in the direction of said place!

K

kris31280

08-30-2007 09:39 PM You stupid and boring

Uh, thanks?

Boring I won't take... because boring I'm not. I've got stories for everything and have lived more crazy in my 27 years than most people have in their 47 years. That's Ariane's fault (Ariane was my best friend who died when I was 18 and she was almost 21. She lived each day as if it could be her last, almost as if she knew she was living on borrowed time. In fact she was, as it was a defective heart she'd had since birth that finally killed her.)

Stupid, ok stupid I'll take because we're all stupid in our own ways.

kris31280 said:
08-30-2007 09:39 PM You stupid and boring

Uh, thanks?

Boring I won't take... because boring I'm not. I've got stories for everything and have lived more crazy in my 27 years than most people have in their 47 years. That's Ariane's fault (Ariane was my best friend who died when I was 18 and she was almost 21. She lived each day as if it could be her last, almost as if she knew she was living on borrowed time. In fact she was, as it was a defective heart she'd had since birth that finally killed her.)

Stupid, ok stupid I'll take because we're all stupid in our own ways.
You really should re-think hanging out at Burchmart. They'd love to hear all your stories.

Pete

Repete
kris31280 said:
Apparently my frustration is normal, btw... it's called "Culture Shock" or something. I learned that in college tonight.

Anyway... I'm going stir crazy... I need conversation that's more than mother/daughter or mother/2 year old or 27 year old/18 year old.

I need a great place to just go relax at and have a beer when I come home from class.

I need to find a place where the people are approachable or are willing to approach and we can have discussions about meaningful and meaningless things.

Any ideas?
Minnesota :yay: