Motorcycle Accident on 231 today?

belvak

Happy Camper
Anyone know anything about a motorcycle accident on 231 across from the Industrial Park at Sixes Road? My daughter just called and said she saw a man on the side of the road with his bike on top of him. Nobody was stopping, so she called 911, turned around, and went back. He was unresponsive at first, but then was moaning and trying to move around. She told him to lay still and tried to hold his head steady until the Police and EMTs got there. She works in a Chiropractor's office and wears scrubs, so the first thing out of the Cop and EMTs mouths was "what's his condition." She said once the EMTs were able to move the bike she could tell he was pretty bruised around his rib cage and had some gashes on his legs. Evidently, he blew pretty high on the breathilizer too. Anyway, they took her statement and transported the guy. Just thought somebody listening to a scanner might have picked up something.

camily

Peace
belvak said:
Anyone know anything about a motorcycle accident on 231 across from the Industrial Park at Sixes Road? My daughter just called and said she saw a man on the side of the road with his bike on top of him. Nobody was stopping, so she called 911, turned around, and went back. He was unresponsive at first, but then was moaning and trying to move around. She told him to lay still and tried to hold his head steady until the Police and EMTs got there. She works in a Chiropractor's office and wears scrubs, so the first thing out of the Cop and EMTs mouths was "what's his condition." She said once the EMTs were able to move the bike she could tell he was pretty bruised around his rib cage and had some gashes on his legs. Evidently, he blew pretty high on the breathilizer too. Anyway, they took her statement and transported the guy. Just thought somebody listening to a scanner might have picked up something.
Wow. Drunk at 9:00 AM. Glad he only hurt himself.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
belvak said:
Drunk first thing in the morning?

poster

I work at the industrial park and passed the accident when the EMT's showed up - was wondering what happened.
All I know is he was flown out, I assume, because the heli flew and circled around our building.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Do they normally give someone a breathilizer test at the accident scene when there is obvious injuries to the rib/torso area? I know the person is subject to testing since it was a single vehicle wreck. I just figured that they would do a BAC test at the hospital and not a field breath test.:shrug:

MMDad

Lem Putt
kom526 said:
Do they normally give someone a breathilizer test at the accident scene when there is obvious injuries to the rib/torso area? I know the person is subject to testing since it was a single vehicle wreck. I just figured that they would do a BAC test at the hospital and not a field breath test.:shrug:
:yeahthat: Wouldn't it be difficult to put out that much air if you have rib injuries? Besides, a blood test is more accurate and he's on the way to the hospital anyway.

belvak

Happy Camper
kom526 said:

Don't have any idea on "normal" procedure myself. When she called me and said he was drunk, my first thought was head injury. But, she said the cop went over to the guy and said "blow real hard on this for me buddy" and the guy did, so... She didn't say anything about him being flown out, so that must have happened after she gave her statement and left.

kom526

belvak said:
Don't have any idea on "normal" procedure myself. When she called me and said he was drunk, my first thought was head injury. But, she said the cop went over to the guy and said "blow real hard on this for me buddy" and the guy did, so... She didn't say anything about him being flown out, so that must have happened after she gave her statement and left.
Did she stick around to hear the result of the field test?

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
poster said:
I work at the industrial park and passed the accident when the EMT's showed up - was wondering what happened.
All I know is he was flown out, I assume, because the heli flew and circled around our building.

Couple of ambulances blew past me on my way in to work and I turned in at Jibsail because the road was blocked. Couldn't get a good look though because of all the cars and emergency vehicles.

I hope the guy will be OK, even if he was drunk at this hour. If he was infact loaded at this time of the AM, I hope the nice traffic court judge rips up his license then rips him a new one. :smack:

belvak

Happy Camper
kom526 said:
Did she stick around to hear the result of the field test?

She said when she was giving her statement she told the cop that the guy seemed drunk and the cop responded along the lines that he blew pretty high. She was still pretty "adrenaline rushed" when she called me. Maybe I'll get a little more info out of her this evening when she gets home from work.

kom526 said:

Between the accident, alcohol, endorphines and whatever else, he probably didn't feel anything blowing the meter. I bet he will later......

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
vegmom said:
No kidding! A school bus passed me just before the ambulances.

Not defending any impaired drivers, but not everyone has a 9-5 job. He may work 2300-0730. Just saying...

MMDad

Lem Putt
belvak said:
She said when she was giving her statement she told the cop that the guy seemed drunk and the cop responded along the lines that he blew pretty high. She was still pretty "adrenaline rushed" when she called me. Maybe I'll get a little more info out of her this evening when she gets home from work.
By the way, kudos to your daughter for stopping to help. :yay:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
desertrat said:
Yeah, but where do you go for happy hour at 0730?

Frying Pan....... not that I personally go there but I know they serve beer early in the AM when they open.

kom526

desertrat said:
The Gold Mine used to open @ 6 or 7 I believe. Stores are allowed alcohol sales after 7 am also (I think). I'm just answering the post, not defending impaired (or allegedly impaired in this case) drivers.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
desertrat said:

7-11 :shrug:

Habib gots plunny o' Mickey 40s or OE 800s. Down one of those nasty bassturds and I'll bet within minutes, you'll fail the on the meter.

Last edited: