Bank of America

jeneisen

Indy Bound
I am considering switching banks to Bank of America and I wondered if anyone who banks there could tell me if they like them or dislike them. I am currently unhappy with my current bank and I would like to try someone new. Any positive or negative feedback would be helpful.

G

giggles04

That's my grandma's bank and she just loves in there. They have really taken good care of all her stuff. I don't bank there... but I know she sure likes it.

jeneisen

Indy Bound
I am currently at a credit union and I am not happy. BOA offers free checking and savings with direct deposit plus the company I work for has a deal for free bill pay and online stuff so its the same as the credit union.

SmallTown

Football season!
We use BOA and love it. We get free bill pay and such as well. Started with them when we first moved to Maryland, and have never needed a reason to switch.

SxyPrincess

I've used Bank of America for many, many years and I've always been displeased with their service. They've ripped me off on numerous accounts, but I've just been too lazy to change banks. :ohwell: Customer Service isn't too bad, but then again, they're not very helpful when it comes to finding a solution either.

Surf City Baby

I despise Bank of America.

I was subject to a case of fraud, and thanks in part to B of A's incompetence, I wound up paying two of the bills the criminal used my checks for.

Their customer service "phone faeries" are pretty good, but entirely powerless.

Their customer service managers are equally powerless and sometimes patronizing.

I had three accounts. I had good balances in two of them, but the third got too low, I hadn't kept up with it, and I bounced a check because I inadvertenly overdrew that account by six cents. $0.06. B of A would not waive their NSF fee, even though they could've transferred funds from another account to cover it. Their reasoning? (1) "You did overdraw the account, ma'am;" (2) "You don't have overdraft protection set up, ma'am."

Finally, one really does have to read all the fine print -- and then follow up diligently, checking every statement, being sure this is in place and that is in place etc., etc. . . . Otherwise their monthly fees plus online banking fees plus account fees plus "we don't like you using checks we didn't print" fees will bury you.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
I LOVE Bank of America! The online services are great, and they're everywhere! I do all of my business online and via the ATM. I had Cedar Point and was unhappy, and after switching to BOA I'll never go elsewhere. I have savings, checking, and credit card at BOA, all linked to my online services.

willie

The part of BOA's online banking that I use is free. Before I got the Advantage account my checks were printed by Artistic Checks and there were no compaints. All in all it's the best one around for me.

Ponytail

I'm with Bank of america. They have one account type that allows you to do ALL of your banking on line, and if you have direct Deposit, it is 100% free!!!

I checked with some credit unions in teh area, and their charges were outrageous.

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
I dislike BOA immensly!! Find a credit union or First Nat of St Marys so you can bank online. Even Tri County Community Bank pays interest on free checking. DO NOT use BOA! Had terrible time with them. Customer serv is horrible.:boo: :burning:

jeneisen

Indy Bound
Well I am definately leaving the credit union. I have had nothing but problems with them, but I do use online banking all the time so that is very important to me. I do not pay all my bills online but some of them I do. It would be nice to pay them all but I do not like the automatic draft option. I am going to go talk to them and see what they are like.

Surf City Baby

Originally posted by jeneisen
Well I am definately leaving the credit union. I have had nothing but problems with them, but I do use online banking all the time so that is very important to me. I do not pay all my bills online but some of them I do. It would be nice to pay them all but I do not like the automatic draft option. I am going to go talk to them and see what they are like.

Best of luck. Your mileage may vary, of course.

(BTW, I was kidding about B of A charging me for using checks they didn't print.) :wink:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by Ponytail
I'm with Bank of america. They have one account type that allows you to do ALL of your banking on line, and if you have direct Deposit, it is 100% free!!!

That's the plan I have. I do all of my business online and through the ATM. Marvelous!

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by jeneisen

I pay almost every single bill online via their direct services, or through a company called checkfree.com. It's a great service, check it out!

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by Surf City Baby
(BTW, I was kidding about B of A charging me for using checks they didn't print.) :wink:

That reminds me, one new feature that BoA added is the ability to click on a transaction made by check and it brings up a scanned copy of the cancelled check. It's super nice and convenient.

jeneisen

Indy Bound
Well I used checkfree about 3 years ago and forgot all my data on passwords and stuff and now I can't get an account. Its asking me for secret words and accouts and I don't remember. I guess I will just have to do it the old fashion way.

Elle

Happy Camper!
I would never recommend BOA. My husband opened an account there when he joined the military and it was fine, the service was a bit rude at times but so it is everywhere it seems. But he had no balance in his account and no activity for 3 months and the great BOA closed his account with out warning or telling us so when he had a direct deposit made it was returned to the depositor and we had to fight for it back for 6 months while BOA did nothing to help and had no explanation for closing the account without notification. Nothing could ever make me put my money there ever again.:mad:

Elle

Happy Camper!
Originally posted by laureng
Blackmail maybe??...From someone who knows your deepest, darkest secrets?? :lol: :wink:

You mean like pictures of LLK dancing on the picnic table???:hohum: