tax cut poll

The latest tax cut: Will you get cash? Will it help or hurt the economy?

• I will get some cash back/it will help the economy.

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • I will get little or no cash back/it will help the economy.

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • I will get some cash back/it will hurt the economy.

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • I will get little or no cash back/it will hurt the economy.

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters

Surf City Baby

I've just finished perusing Christy's "tax cut" thread. Great thread. I only wish s/he'd attached a poll to it. So here's a poll.

Me? I plan to increase my 401(k) withholding by whatever percentage, if any, my federal income tax is decreased.

Last edited:

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
I'll get some back, but it goes straight from increasing the national debt to decreasing household debt.

Surf City Baby

Originally posted by jlabsher
I'll get some back, but it goes straight from increasing the national debt to decreasing household debt.

Most of my friends who are getting refunds are saying the same thing. But even more of my friends will receive nothing but perhaps a reduction in their FIT.

I'm baffled when I hear the president say "you'll have more of your money to spend." I can see why he wants this to be his policy. Money makes a lot of people happy; taxes make a lot of people angry.

But not everyone spends every spare penny.

Some have to spend every penny, of course, just to stay afloat. These folks are the real losers in this latest tax cut plan, just as they would be with a national sales tax. I wonder if advocates of a national sales tax realize how unequally the poor would be taxed, how badly such a tax would affect them.

The ground-down poor clearly will not benefit in the least from this tax cut. I mean the very bottom rung of wage-earners, who don't earn enough to file tax returns so they won't be getting a break at all, let alone that $400 per child.