Csm

jeneisen

Indy Bound
I have been a student off an on at CSM for about 4 years and I was wondering if anyone else noticed that they were going down hill. At least at the Leonardtown campus anyway. I think they are completely screwed up with their billing b/c they make you pay for classes for the next semester before you even finish the current one. My company reimburses me and I asked them if I could put a deposit down and pay the rest when I get my refund. They won't even work with the large companies. I work for a large contractor and I know that they would be good for the money.

Also, the classrooms are so cold you can't even stand to be in them. I was just curious what everyone else thought of them?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I am currently taking an on-line class and haven't had any trouble with that, but, I tried to register on-line for a math class and I get a message that says I have already taken it, and I haven't. Checking my transcript says...NOPE! So I may have to go in person and take care of it.

As for the cost - ouch! I am paying out of my own pocket. :scowl:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by RoseRed
As for the cost - ouch! I am paying out of my own pocket. :scowl:

Ahhhh....for the good old days when CSM was CCCC and tuition was $17.50 a credit hour....I started in 1980 (ok - do the math - yes, I am 40...there - are you happy? :lol: ) and graduated in 1983. Tuition has SOARED to almost ridiculous levels since then - it really jumped many years ago when the governor cut out most of the funding from the state - it was sometime in the early 90's.

And if will make you feel better - I'm currently working on a master's degree at FIT - it's $350 PER CREDIT HOUR - that's over a grand for a 3 credit class - yikes! :shocked:

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by jazz lady

And if will make you feel better - I'm currently working on a master's degree at FIT - it's $350 PER CREDIT HOUR - that's over a grand for a 3 credit class - yikes! :shocked:
Now THAT hurts!:eek:

watercolor

yeah yeah
I know just this past semester it cost me 400 dollars for one class. and I was floored. and the classrooms are cold. But our teacher opened the window atleast....

I dont start up till september again...so maybe they will get the glitches out...*crosses fingers*

BTW...anyone need a Psych 1010 book???
free to good home!

jeneisen

Indy Bound
Well what got me is they pushed me to register ahead of time for summer and fall. So I did. I registred for the FACTS payment plan and thought I was good to go, then they raise the tuition 6.00 a credit and expect me to pay that upfront even though I had a written agreement on tuition. I am upset with that but there isn't anything I can really do.

I just think they aren't that professional. The admin staff anyway. I call up there to ask questions and the people are rude or they don't know the answers to anything. Next year I am switching schools to Univ. of MD anyway so I don't have to wait that long but I am getting really fed up with them.

watercolor

yeah yeah
*nods*

well I will tend to agree on the admin dept. not knowing anything. They always tell me to talk to my counselor..but omm..when my counselor is only there like 2 times a month, and when it is not available at a time I need,...then they need to do something more in the aspect of looking for an answer.
(sympathize there)

Otherwise, I have not been to overloaded with jumble there. I have never signed up for that program though...what is it?

I need to get my scholarship app in along with my finacial aide and grant stuff. Know anything about that???

Y

yornoc

Originally posted by jazz lady

Tell me about it! UMUC is NO better!