Door Installer Needed

emma1606

Can anyone please recommend somebody that could remove and then install new patio doors?

Buying doors from Lowes but their installation price is more than the doors!

Looking for the work to be done probably sometime in October/early November.

Thanks!

BernieP

Resident PIA
TarNFeather said:
Hello,

I saw your post in forums. Dean Lumber & Supply can help you. I work there and our guys do a great job. Call 301-373-2111 and ask for Chad or Mary Ann.

www.dean-lumber.com
PS Don't buy the doors from Lowes either. I have no vested interest in Deans but I would trust them before Lowes.

emma1606 said:
Can anyone please recommend somebody that could remove and then install new patio doors?

Buying doors from Lowes but their installation price is more than the doors!

Looking for the work to be done probably sometime in October/early November.

Thanks!
If you want horror stories about door installation by Lowes, let me know. It took over a year and 4 tries w/ 3 doors for Lowes to get my buddy's install correct.

TarNFeather

Get something that will last

If you're going to be in your home for a while it makes sense to get something good and get it installed correctly. It makes me crazy to see what installers are doing to people. And then there's no recourse... Do your homework.

pilot

huntr1 said:
If you want horror stories about door installation by Lowes, let me know. It took over a year and 4 tries w/ 3 doors for Lowes to get my buddy's install correct.

Could you please give some more detail? I had a door installed by Lowes a few years ago, and I thought they did an adequate job. But it was a basic install--no custom work needed.

I am having a door installed on my new house, and I decided to go with Dean's because it is a much more complex job. The door has to be custom made because it is a non-standard size (with a transom) and has to match the other doors in my townhome development.

I eventually hope to replace my patio door, and I will probably check out Loews because it is a basic, standard-size.