Looking for a good vet in Waldorf area

havoc

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie! :howdy:

My family just adopted a stray kitten this past weekend and I'm trying to find a good vet in either the Waldorf, White Plains/LaPlata, or St. Mary's area - not too far beyond Hughesville, though. We live in Brandywine, fairly close to the Bryantown soccer fields, so anything within a 20 minute or so drive would be good. Most cats I know hate to be in the car for very long!

I'd also like to know if there's any place you'd specifically NOT recommend, so I know which ones to steer clear of.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

tes218

havoc said:

My family just adopted a stray kitten this past weekend and I'm trying to find a good vet in either the Waldorf, White Plains/LaPlata, or St. Mary's area - not too far beyond Hughesville, though. We live in Brandywine, fairly close to the Bryantown soccer fields, so anything within a 20 minute or so drive would be good. Most cats I know hate to be in the car for very long!

I'd also like to know if there's any place you'd specifically NOT recommend, so I know which ones to steer clear of.

White Plains Animal Hospital - Dr. Eric Pressman. 301-705-7474. Excellent vet, doesn't do unnecessary tests and procedures, terrific surgeon, reasonable prices and loves the animals. :yay:

Booboo3604

havoc said:

We take our all of our animals to St. Charles Animal Hospital on Post Office Road in Waldorf. Nothing but great service and good care. We actually started going there off of referral a few years ago and no complaints at all. They take care of 9 dogs, 6 cats, and a bunny between my mom, my sister, and me alone.

Here is the link to their website and you can look in the the clipper magazine or the valpak coupons that come in the mail, they usually have a free initial visit coupon in there.

http://www.scah.us/

Let me know if you may have any other questions.

Booboo3604 said:
We take our all of our animals to St. Charles Animal Hospital on Post Office Road in Waldorf. Nothing but great service and good care. We actually started going there off of referral a few years ago and no complaints at all. They take care of 9 dogs, 6 cats, and a bunny between my mom, my sister, and me alone.

Here is the link to their website and you can look in the the clipper magazine or the valpak coupons that come in the mail, they usually have a free initial visit coupon in there.

http://www.scah.us/

Let me know if you may have any other questions.

This is where I took my dog. Dr. Neuman (I think that's how he spells it) was great with my dog. Nobody else wanted to handle him because he would get so nasty when anyone touched him (he did it out of fear). He was very patient with him and took great care of him.

Booboo3604

Speedy70 said:
This is where I took my dog. Dr. Neuman (I think that's how he spells it) was great with my dog. Nobody else wanted to handle him because he would get so nasty when anyone touched him (he did it out of fear). He was very patient with him and took great care of him.

Yep, I am a fan of both him and Dr. Siscovich. As someone who has worked as a vet tech, I am somewhat prone to critique a vet as there are some vets that went into the field for the wrong reasons and those that did it because they truly love animals and wanted to devote their career to helping them. There is nothing about St. Charles that has ever made me question if they really cared about my animals or their true comfort around them which a good thing to look for when vet seeking.

IMNEMT-B

Charlotte Hall Area

I use Tidewater vet. The intersection of Golden Beach Rd. & Rt. 5. They are awesome. Have always taken great care of my dogs and cat.

dawn

Booboo3604 said:
Yep, I am a fan of both him and Dr. Siscovich. As someone who has worked as a vet tech, I am somewhat prone to critique a vet as there are some vets that went into the field for the wrong reasons and those that did it because they truly love animals and wanted to devote their career to helping them. There is nothing about St. Charles that has ever made me question if they really cared about my animals or their true comfort around them which a good thing to look for when vet seeking.

I also love St. Charles Animal Hospital off of post office road. Dr. Numan and Dr. Siscovich are great. There is also a new doctor that has recently started working there and is also just as wonderful, but I dont remember her name.

IMNEMT-B said:
I use Tidewater vet. The intersection of Golden Beach Rd. & Rt. 5. They are awesome. Have always taken great care of my dogs and cat.

That's one place where I will NEVER take an animal again.

havoc

Thanks!

Thank you all so much for the great responses! I just got off the phone with St. Charles Animal Hospital and told Debbie about the glowing recommendations I received on here. She couldn't be more pleasant. I also checked out the website and it looks great - plus the location is extremely convenient for me. We have an appointment scheduled for Friday with our new baby, Pumpkin.

Thanks again! :smooch:

havoc said:
Thank you all so much for the great responses! I just got off the phone with St. Charles Animal Hospital and told Debbie about the glowing recommendations I received on here. She couldn't be more pleasant. I also checked out the website and it looks great - plus the location is extremely convenient for me. We have an appointment scheduled for Friday with our new baby, Pumpkin.

:yay:

Booboo3604

havoc said:

:yay: :yay: :yay:

river rat

BUCKING GOAT
havoc said:

We're almost neighbors :howdy:

chrissyhh

tes218 said:
White Plains Animal Hospital - Dr. Eric Pressman. 301-705-7474. Excellent vet, doesn't do unnecessary tests and procedures, terrific surgeon, reasonable prices and loves the animals. :yay:

I'm a little too late, but I agree with you on Dr. Pressman, our 2 dogs go here and he is great. Dr. Melinatti (sp) is great also, but he only works 1 day a week.

Cletus_Vandam

CheriAnn said:
I take my dogs here....I was wondering what happened to turn you against them?

I have to agree with the original post. When we moved to St. Mary's County in 2001, we wanted to get a more local vet [we moved from Calvert].

We took our AmStaff there to have them look at a spot on her belly that wasn't healing. The vet there picked and squeezed it said put some neosporin on it and it should be fine.

A couple of days later we took her back to our regular vet-Solomons Veterinary, and they did a complete bio work with biopsy etc. She had to have that section of skin surgerically removed because of the bacteria/cellular make up, something like that.

They missed a big one in my book. I wouldn't go back.