Restaurants/Cafes Serving Bubble Tea?

hammishsqueak

We're all mad here.
I overheard several former co-workers talking about how they were disgusted by bubble tea, so I of course went out to try it at a little place near the University of Maryland and ended up loving it! Does anyone know of any good places in Calvert or St. Mary's which serve bubble tea? I did a search on the forums and saw that the Hot Noodle in St. Mary's serves bubble tea, but can you get it to go, too? The Good Water Cafe in Lexington Park is nice, but a little far from Lusby. So far I haven't been able to find any places in Calvert which serve bubble tea asides from Biscuit and Chicken and they never have the pearls (tapioca balls). That's what makes it "bubble" tea! :burning: . TIA!

hammishsqueak

We're all mad here.
kwillia said:
Why can't you just get regular tea and just throw your own balls in it...:shrug: On a side note, you may have a hard time finding a straw wide enough to suck the balls through.

:lmao: I was actually just looking into buying some balls online because I haven't been able to find them in stores. Some sites sell the powders, too.

usagent

kwillia said:
Make sure you buy some wide straws too. There's nothing worse than getting a ball stuck in your straw and then you suck and suck until your cheeks hurt. :ohwell:

I love you.

Darcy

I'm not sure for the Hot Noodle still has bubble tea. You can buy all tapioca ball and powder in big Asian stores in the city.

MLGTS08

live.LAUGH.love
I do not know how far waldorf mall is from you, but there is a little stand in the mall that sells it.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
kwillia said:
Make sure you buy some wide straws too. There's nothing worse than getting a ball stuck in your straw and then you suck and suck until your cheeks hurt. :ohwell:
That's when I blow the balls out and then re-suck. Give it a try.

Darcy

Choklatjunkeee said:
I think Chicken & Biscuit in Lusby Town Center next to Food Lion serves it. What the heck is Bubble Tea?

It's a flavour tea mix with milk and tapioca ball (the sellers call pearl) drink with a wide straw. It was popular in Asian countries many years ago.

Last edited:

Lioncub

was

Darcy said:
It's a flavour tea mix with milk and tapioca ball (the sellers call pearl) drink with a wide straw. It was popular in Asian countries many years ago.

being the operative word here

Fubar

Look my ass glows!
Darcy said:
I had it in the mall in Columbia 4 yrs ago...I thought it was a passing fancy. :whistle:

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
hammishsqueak said:
I overheard several former co-workers talking about how they were disgusted by bubble tea, so I of course went out to try it at a little place near the University of Maryland and ended up loving it! Does anyone know of any good places in Calvert or St. Mary's which serve bubble tea? I did a search on the forums and saw that the Hot Noodle in St. Mary's serves bubble tea, but can you get it to go, too? The Good Water Cafe in Lexington Park is nice, but a little far from Lusby. So far I haven't been able to find any places in Calvert which serve bubble tea asides from Biscuit and Chicken and they never have the pearls (tapioca balls). That's what makes it "bubble" tea! :burning: . TIA!

I heard they were going out of business. :shrug: