Hallowing Point Park

Z

Zyg

Does anyone know if you can bring a dog to the park? Picking up puppy on Friday and kid's soccer game is there on Saturday. Don't want to leave puppy alone for that long so soon. Cove Point Park lets you have dogs if they are on leashes but I can't locate any info on HPP.

nobody really

I need a nap
Zyg said:
Does anyone know if you can bring a dog to the park? Picking up puppy on Friday and kid's soccer game is there on Saturday. Don't want to leave puppy alone for that long so soon. Cove Point Park lets you have dogs if they are on leashes but I can't locate any info on HPP.

There is also a dog parking off of grays road (take sixes road off of rte 2 to grays road, its on the left - grays road dog park). Three large areas (smalll dogs, big dogs, and a third). Lots of people bring balls, sling shots, etc. There is a water supply to give the dogs water, and benches to sit on. Its nice.

Z

Zyg

aps45819 said:
Just wear sunglasses and tell them you're blind

She is a two month old puppy. Don't think they'll believe the blind story. I will call and ask (if I actually get to speak to a real person) later when it opens. I have never been there before.

Z

Zyg

beachcat said:
There is also a dog parking off of grays road (take sixes road off of rte 2 to grays road, its on the left - grays road dog park). Three large areas (smalll dogs, big dogs, and a third). Lots of people bring balls, sling shots, etc. There is a water supply to give the dogs water, and benches to sit on. Its nice.

Do they take hyperactive 3 year old boys too??? :lmao:

beachcat said:
Dogs get their own parking? :lmao:

Tina2001aniT

Zyg said:

I know that CSA absolutely prohibits dogs on the soccer fields back there, but they I believe are only spring soccer, so I really don't know for sure.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I've been taking my dogs to Hallowing Point Park for years. They are always on a lead and I take bags so that I can clean up after them.

What you really need to be concerned with is exposing your new puppy to other dogs and disease/illness (which can be airborne) since he won't have had all of his shots.

Last edited:
Z

Zyg

cattitude said:
I've been taking my dogs to Hallowing Point Park for years. They are always on a lead and I take bags so that I can clean up after them.

What you really need to be concerned with is exposing your new puppy to other dogs and disease/illness (which can be airborne) since he won't have had all of his shots.

Huh?? Never thought about that last part. Maybe I'll stay home and Dad can be the cheerleader. Will talk to breeder tomorrow when we go up there. I know she has had some shots but as you said, probably not all. Better safe than sorry.

Thor

Zyg said:

You can have dogs in the park. BUT you best check with the soccer league. Either CSA or parks and Rec has a rule against dogs at the games.