Chance 2

High EGT

Gort! Klaatu barada nikto
This for all you Lusbians out there in need or of car care. John Koontz is a neighbor of mine and "new" owner of once was STAR Car Care Center off of Cove Point Rd and is now CHANCE 2 Automotive. Having been a previous customer of STAR is why I never did any further business and John aware of the poor customer relations with the previous business wants to get the word out that he is now the owner and comes with years of experince running a quality shop. What I know of Mike is he once was part owner and manager of AGAPY Auto Repair in St Mary County. AGAPY does have a good reputation and have taken my vehicles there more then once with no complaints other then the bill. Assuming Mike caries the same business ethics he had at AGAPY, we may finally have a Care Care center in Lusby we can trust.

Full disclosure is I took my Dodge there for a broken brake line last week and the technician was up front about repair options and was satified with the repair and the Bill. Best of all John was there to BS about life in CRE and about his new business. He asked if I could help get the word out so as the good neighbor that I am, considered it done. Now the rest is up to John.

Last edited:

limblips

PREMO Member
This is an endorsement?????

High EGT said:
This for all you Lusbians out there in need or of car care. John Koontz is a neighbor of mine and "new" owner of once was STAR Car Care Center off of Cove Point Rd and is now CHANCE 2 Automotive. Having been a previous customer of STAR is why I never did any further business and Mike aware of the poor customer relations with the previous business wants to get the word out that he is now the owner and comes with years of experince running a quality shop. What I know of Mike is he once was part owner and manager of AGAPY Auto Repair in St Mary County. AGAPY does have a good reputation and have taken my vehicles there more then once with no complaints other then the bill. Assuming Mike caries the same business ethics he had at AGAPY, we may finally have a Care Care center in Lusby we can trust.

Full disclosure is I took my Dodge there for a broken brake line last week and the technician was up front about repair options and was satified with the repair and the Bill. Best of all John was there to BS about life in CRE and about his new business. He asked if I could help get the word out so as the good neighbor that I am, considered it done. Now the rest is up to John.
If this is supposed to be an endorsement, please don't endorse anything I am or may be involved with! I would like to retain what little reputation I have left! BTW, who the hell is Mike?

DoxieLuver

John from Agape - Well Agape doesn't stand well in my book. My son's car was there for an extensive engine repair and while it was there it was broken into and vandalized. Over $600 in damage and stolen CDs and radio. I asked them if I could get a break on the engine repair ($2500) to help offset the vandalism, say 10%. But they would not accept any responsibility. Doesn't sound like a very Christian thing to do, does it?

I reluntantly paid them their $2,500 because they did repair the engine, but have me a damaged car back. I never went back, nor would I ever recommend them. In fact, they started sending me solicitations in the mail, I called them and politely asked that I be taken off their mailing list.

DoxieLuver

Agape is a Christian based business. They even advertised that.

Webster's Dictionary: Agape, 1. Christian love, 2. Spiritual love, 3. The love feast accompanied by Eucharistic celebration in the early Christian church.

High EGT

DoxieLuver said:
John from Agape - Well Agape doesn't stand well in my book. My son's car was there for an extensive engine repair and while it was there it was broken into and vandalized. Over $600 in damage and stolen CDs and radio. I asked them if I could get a break on the engine repair ($2500) to help offset the vandalism, say 10%. But they would not accept any responsibility. Doesn't sound like a very Christian thing to do, does it?

I reluntantly paid them their $2,500 because they did repair the engine, but have me a damaged car back. I never went back, nor would I ever recommend them. In fact, they started sending me solicitations in the mail, I called them and politely asked that I be taken off their mailing list.

Been there before and understand the pain. As for car care centers I,m sure no matter how good the business is there will be times that a customer will be dissatisfied and is the nature of that type business. And although my post may read as an endorsment the fact is that because our area has few if any reliable local service centers I,m more hopefull that John can pull it off so I dont have to drive 20+ miles just to have work done on my car.

High EGT

limblips said:
If this is supposed to be an endorsement, please don't endorse anything I am or may be involved with! I would like to retain what little reputation I have left! BTW, who the hell is Mike?

Fixed

R

residentofcre

I have heard plenty of complaints from my neighbor about Chance 2..... don't plan to go that route until I start hearing a whole lot of good stuff first....

Sorry...

Agape, on the other hand... have always done great work, priced reasonably, and never tried to fix what didn't need to be fixed...

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
I'll pass for now...

How many times has this same place had new management/owners since it was built? This has to be number three or four. Heard a lot of lousy things about it in the past. It's gonna take someone with a great reputation to build it back up and I don't know anyone who's been there, willing to go back.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Hey Sharon! I saw you today...you crossed 765 on CP at 3 p.m....heading home I imagine. I was sitting at the light on 765, heading south.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
cattitude said:
Hey Sharon! I saw you today...you crossed 765 on CP at 3 p.m....heading home I imagine. I was sitting at the light on 765, heading south.

:howdy:

You should've stopped by. I picked another case of tomatoes.

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
Prolink in the PR industrial park, have known mark for about 2 years. They do awsome work and wont overcharge you.

AS for break ins i think extreme down where alltimate used to be had the worst reputation for break ins while vehicles where there.

I never even though of agape, had a friend who worked there who didnt know a thing about cars, he coudlnt tell the difference between a set of channel locks and a pipe wrench, im not kidding on that either.

B

Bronwyn

residentofcre said:
I have heard plenty of complaints from my neighbor about Chance 2..... don't plan to go that route until I start hearing a whole lot of good stuff first....

Sorry...

Agape, on the other hand... have always done great work, priced reasonably, and never tried to fix what didn't need to be fixed...

I took my car to Chance 2 because the ABS light was on. They said that it needed new brakes. I didn't have a problem with that since I knew it was about that time. I picked the car up and the ABS light is still on. I asked about that and they told me that they computer is down and they can't reset it. They said they would call me back when the computer came back up, but they never did.

The price was fine, the work was fine, speed of service was fine.
How did they know it was just the brakes if the computer was down?
Why didn't they call me back?

Last edited by a moderator: