Questions for Hillary

chuckster

IMFUBARED
Questions Barbara Walters Won't Ask Hillary

The ABC News promotional spots for Barbara Walters' upcoming interview with Hillary Clinton about her soon-to-be-released book, "Living History," promise a no-holds-barred session where "nothing's off limits."

Pardon us if we suspect that Walters' sit-down with the scandal-scarred New York senator will turn out to be a whole lot tamer than advertised, especially after the way Walters herself waved off Sexgate queries during Thursday's chatfest about Clinton's book on "The View."

According to the Media Research Center, the moment co-host Joy Behar mentioned Monica Lewinsky, "an annoyed Walters raised her hands, made a pained facial expression and said: 'Oh, let's drop it, let's move on!'"

Of course, if the talk TV doyenne really wants to conduct a no-holds-barred session with Hillary, there's a virtual library of pertinent material the former first lady has never addressed.

How about asking Hillary a few of these questions, Ms. Walters?

Do you believe Juanita Broaddrick's allegation that your husband raped her?

White House lawyers have acknowledged in court documents that you approved efforts to trash Kathleen Willey, who accused your husband of sexually molesting her in the White House. Is that true?

At an August 1992 American Bar Association convention, you praised Anita Hill, saying, "As women and lawyers, we must never again shy away from raising our voices against sexual harassment." Why didn't you raise your voice to help Paula Jones, Kathleen Willey and Juanita Broaddrick?

Author Gail Sheehy, who's generally supportive of you, says in her book "Hillary's Choice" that it was your idea to hire San Francisco private detective Jack Palladino to mount "a sub-rosa, black arts campaign against the women." Is that true?

In her book "The Final Days," the late Barbara Olson said your husband's pardon of the Puerto Rican separatist FALN bombers encouraged terrorists like Osama bin Laden. Was she wrong?

Gennifer Flowers, Paula Jones, Elizabeth Ward Gracen and Juanita Broaddrick have two things in common. They all accused your husband of sexual impropriety and they were all audited by the IRS, which was run until late 1997 by your good friend Margaret Milner Richardson. If four of Richard Nixon's chief accusers were audited by his IRS, what would you have said?

Your brother-in-law Roger Clinton can be heard on an Arkansas State Police surveillance video repeatedly using the "N" word. Why have you and your husband never condemned Roger's outburst?

If you're not running for president in 2004, why do you keep showing up at all these presidential candidate forums?

How could a smart woman like yourself really believe that your husband, with his history of cheating, was telling the truth when he told you he didn't have sex with Monica Lewinsky?

On the night of your good friend Vince Foster's death, White House phone records show that you called Harry Thomason, Maggie Williams, Susan Thomases and Bernard Nussbaum. But there was no phone call to Foster's grieving widow, Lisa. Why not?

Why have you never apologized to Westchester County police officer Ernest Dymond, who was injured so badly he couldn't return to duty for weeks after a driver rushing you to an Oct. 14, 2001, fund raiser sped through the airport checkpoint he was manning?

Minutes before you accepted the nomination of your party to run for Senate at Albany's Pepsi Arena three years ago, some of your supporters spit on a state police honor guard carrying an American flag. You and then-state party chairwoman Judith Hope promised an investigation to ferret out the guilty parties. What was the result of your investigation and how were the cop spitters punished?

Four witnesses have accused you of using anti-Semitic slurs, which you've denied. And Dick Morris - who is Jewish by birth - said that you once responded to his request for a raise by saying, "Is that all you people think about is money?" - a charge you've never addressed. As a laywer, if you had a client who was contradicted by five witnesses, who would you tend to believe?

In 1989, the NAACP in Arkansas sued your husband and other state officials for intimidating black voters at the polls. And other reports say that then-Gov. Clinton supported racially profiling Hispanic drug suspects during the 1980s. Why didn't you do anything to stop these practices?

You've worked closely on a number of issues with Sen. Robert Byrd, who's now head of the powerful Senate Appropriations Committee. As you know, he's a former Ku Klux Klansman who used the "N" word on TV as recently as two years ago. What would you say if Republicans allowed an ex-Klansman who uses the "N" word to continue in a leadership post?

Do you agree with your husband that oral sex isn't really sex?

B

Bruzilla

I don't think a lot of those are proper questions to ask, specifically those that deal with Bill Clinton's infidelities. Those problems are Bill Clinton's problems, not hers.

I think that the questions should focus on the things that she has done, or not done. My first question would be to ask her why, when during her 1995 International Summit for Women, she refused to get invloved in the case of a Phillipino woman in Saudi Arabia who had been sentanced to death for killing her Saudi employer who was in the process of raping her? The woman's family made repeated appeals to her, and she blew them off. Talk about ignoring sexual harassment.

I would also like to see someone spend a little time getting her to really state her positions on healthcare, gun control, etc.

K

Kain99

Originally posted by Bruzilla
I don't think a lot of those are proper questions to ask, specifically those that deal with Bill Clinton's infidelities. Those problems are Bill Clinton's problems, not hers.

I don't see anything wrong with asking these questions. After all, she is in a position of power and may have presidential aspirations.

B

Bruzilla

I just don't like to see someone painted with the same brush as their scumbag spouse. Any wife worth her salt will stand by her man, so why open the door for accusations that all the right wants to do is continue attacking Bill? Focus on Hillary... she's the one running for office.

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
You know of course, that some people still have class and those aren't the kind of questions a classy person asks anyone.

Why should Baba Wawa ask those questions. Would you ask a friend or co-worker, "Hey Doug, is your wife still cheating on you?"

SamSpade

So what WOULD a classy person ask in a no-holds-barred session where "nothing's off limits." ?

B

Bruzilla

I would ask her about the Phillipines thing and the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy issue. Then I would hold her feet to the fire about what her positions on various issues are. She's always been able to offer some weasely answers in the past.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Right on jlabsher
No, right OFF. WaWa said this was going to be a no-holds-barred interview. When Joy on The View mentioned Lewinsky, WaWa scoffed in disgust and said, "Let's move past that." So what's it's REALLY going to be is a Hillary Clinton love fest - that slurping sound you hear is WaWa sucking Her Highness' butt. False advertising.

Talk about ignoring sexual harassment.
Considering her husband was once Harrasser-In-Chief, what did you THINK she was going to do?

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
Have you ever heard of marketing? That's what the no-holds barred tagline is. I don't think Hillary (or any public figure) would agree to a "no-holds barred" interview. But babawawa is known in the business for throwing a lot of softballs, wasn't she the one who asked somebody "If you could be a tree, what kind would it be?" or something like that.

I just get sick and tired of interviewers trying to ask personal stuff. Just like the newshounds who stick the microphone in the grieving mothers face and ask "How do you feel about your son/daughter dying a painful death?"

Thank god for the dish and cartoon network! Nothing beats spongebob or the powerpuff girls.

B

Bruzilla

Don't we wish that we could move on! But it's not Republicans who are dropping bombs like giving Bill a third term, and it's not Republicans that forcing Hillary to get her mug on TV every chance she gets. :biggrin:

SmallTown

Football season!
Don't we wish that we could move on! But it's not Republicans who are dropping bombs like giving Bill a third term, and it's not Republicans that forcing Hillary to get her mug on TV every chance she gets. :biggrin:

So what are repubs afraid of? Changing term limits, or the thought clinton might actually win. Again.

demsformd

Originally posted by SmallTown
So what are repubs afraid of? Changing term limits, or the thought clinton might actually win. Again.

They are afraid that Clinton will win again. They just despise that he had such a power to win when they hated him so much. It also may be because of penis envy.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by demsformd
Once again, rather than provide a logical argument, you resort to a personal attack.
Oh - do you mean a logical argument like THIS, Dems:

They are afraid that Clinton will win again. They just despise that he had such a power to win when they hated him so much. It also may be because of penis envy.
Conservatives are too completely obessed with the Clintons for their own good. Move on please!!

H

Heretic

It also may be because of penis envy. [/B]

Thats doubtful....in the 1992 penthouse that has Gennifer Flowers in it (she wasnt worth the price of the magazine believe me) she claims he has a small penis.

There is a 2 term limit for a reason....George Washington was asked to run again but refused because he actually had some class and said nobody should be president for more than two terms.

Hell I think two terms is too many because they spend the entire first term trying to get re-elected. I say make the terms six years but limit them to one term.