Big Event in Budds Creek

DawnK

Mostly known as a BIOTCH
I read in the Enterprise today that they are expecting a crowd of approx 40,000 peeps for an event at Potomac Speedway this weekend?

That place is a zoo even with the Demo Derby 2 x a year... I'm sure they only get a thousand or so people at that event...

What is the event and WTH are all of these people going to fit?

Purplefox

I AM an enigma
DawnK said:
I read in the Enterprise today that they are expecting a crowd of approx 40,000 peeps for an event at Potomac Speedway this weekend?

That place is a zoo even with the Demo Derby 2 x a year... I'm sure they only get a thousand or so people at that event...

From what I was told they pre-sold 60K tickets so far....and expect 10-15K more at the gate. It's called Motocross of Nations....basically the top three riders from every country in the world are coming to compete.

My son is racing the supercross there tonight.

Last edited:
DawnK said:

It will be awesome. If you've never seen MX go check it out! You will be impressed at the skills and lack of fear these guys have.

DawnK

Mostly known as a BIOTCH
Purplefox said:
From what I was told they pre-sold 60K tickets so far....and expect 10-15K more at the gate. It's called Motocross of Nations....basically the top three riders from every country in the world are coming to compete.

My son in racing the supercross there tonight.

AH! I see, you know the paper never said what the event was. Just that there was this huge event with extra police called in to patrol the area.

Good Luck! LOL! No, REALLY I mean Good Luck! I hope you are planning on camping out there, because by the time you get home tonight, it will probably be tomorrow.. :howdy: Good Luck to your son ,too

DawnK

Mostly known as a BIOTCH
desertrat said:
It will be awesome. If you've never seen MX go check it out! You will be impressed at the skills and lack of fear these guys have.

Well it seems like alot of fun, but with small chirens (12 mos old) thats an impossibility. However, we will be (like the rest of the county) enjoying our funnel cake and Budweiser at the good 'ole St. Mary's County Fair! :lmao:

OldHillcrestGuy

Its the first time this event has been held in the United States in over 20 years.
The traffic is going to be a mess on 301 through LaPlata and Rt. 5 through Charlotte Hall.
Was stopped today while getting my lottery tickets in Charlotte Hall, guy said excuse me and first thing I said to him was your looking for Budds Creek (could tell by what he was wearing was dressed like one of the riders).

A warning to any forumies on here that have kids to take to soccer at Chaptico on Saturday and coming from Northern end of the county, Rt 236 proably would not be a good choice, maybe would best to use Mechcanicsville Rd. to get to the fields.

DawnK said:
Well it seems like alot of fun, but with small chirens (12 mos old) thats an impossibility. However, we will be (like the rest of the county) enjoying our funnel cake and Budweiser at the good 'ole St. Mary's County Fair! :lmao:
Indeed!

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
As of last week there were 139 Pro riders from 35 different countries....Now not all of them will ride at one time...They will have elimination motos all weekend and a big race on Sunday....Pick Ricky Carmichael to win for the good ole USA...They will also have amateur classes and supercross at the Potomac Speedway....The main stuff will be at the MX Park...Groatia even has a team...Anyone know where in the he!! Groatia is?

Mikeinsmd

Dupontster said:
As of last week there were 139 Pro riders from 35 different countries....Now not all of them will ride at one time...They will have elimination motos all weekend and a big race on Sunday....Pick Ricky Carmichael to win for the good ole USA...They will also have amateur classes and supercross at the Potomac Speedway....The main stuff will be at the MX Park...Groatia even has a team...Anyone know where in the he!! Groatia is?
This place is nuts. :jameo: They've roped off every available field for parking. Ppl where arriving Tuesday. Lights everywhere. Huge displays etc. Helocopters everywhere. Looks like a NASCAR event. :faint:

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Mexico has three riders participating but they brought 3000 for the pit crew... :lmao: (and none of them are going back) Maybe they could come to your house Mikey...Can ya put-em-up for the weekend?

Mikeinsmd

Dupontster said:
Mexico has three riders participating but they brought 3000 for the pit crew... :lmao: (and none of them are going back) Maybe they could come to your house Mikey...Can ya put-em-up for the weekend?
Sure, I have something fer em.... :whistle:

Attachments

• Gun Cabinet.JPG
    Gun Cabinet.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 86

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Mikeinsmd said:
They've roped off every available field for parking. Ppl where arriving Tuesday.
A lot of people were pulling in and setting up as I drove by yesterday ~1p. Looks like Danzig will be having an exciting weekend.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
There was already an accident on 234 today, around 5:00 or so. Road got shut down for a while.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I've been hearing a lot on the scanner about this since early this week. They have Charles, Calvert and St. Mary's County police working this and they were saying it is going to be a huge event. Good luck to them!

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Bay_Kat said:
I've been hearing a lot on the scanner about this since early this week. They have Charles, Calvert and St. Mary's County police working this and they were saying it is going to be a huge event. Good luck to them!
60,000 people, they think. And the Governor is supposed to be there tomorrow. Between that and the fair ( and what happened there last year), it's gonna be a busy weekend for the Sheriff's Department. I'd hate to be a deputy. They are working their asses off in overtime this weekend.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
BS Gal said:
60,000 people, they think. And the Governor is supposed to be there tomorrow. Between that and the fair ( and what happened there last year), it's gonna be a busy weekend for the Sheriff's Department. I'd hate to be a deputy. They are working their asses off in overtime this weekend.

I was at the last 2 concerts at St. Leonard Fire Department with just a few thousand people and thought that was a lot, I can't even begin to imagine what 60,000 people would be like, it's going to be insane. :jameo:

mxmom943

Why is everyone freaking out. There was a big event in Budds Creek on Father's Day weekend, the only problems there were, for the campers that were trying to get out. Hopefully John Beasley has that problem cleared up. There has been planning in the works for this event for over a year now, so I am sure that all will go well. If you are not going to the event avoid Budds Creek area at all costs.

Realist

No B.S Pleez
mxmom943 said:
Why is everyone freaking out. There was a big event in Budds Creek on Father's Day weekend,

Not freaking out, but the Father's Day Event is only 15K...20 tops. If there are really going to be 60K people there it's going to be a sight to see. I'll be there people watching. Talk about cultural diversity! The race is pretty exciting too.