As if Waldorf MVA...

sockgirl77

Wasn't a PITA enough! :jet:

Police Say Man Tried to Steal Baby While in Line at MVA
WALDORF - 9/21/2007

At 8:28 a.m. today, a woman and her 2-year-old granddaughter were waiting in line outside the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration located at 11 Industrial Park Drive in Waldorf prior to its opening.

A man approached them and attempted to kiss and hug the child, who was being held by her grandmother. When the grandmother told the man to leave them alone, the man grabbed the child and attempted to walk away.

The woman struggled with the man, and other citizens who had also been waiting for the MVA to open rushed to her aid. A Charles County Sheriff’s officer who was inside the MVA working a part-time security assignment heard the commotion outside.

The officer led the man away from the scene, and the citizens, including the victims, went inside the MVA.

Other officers arrived on the scene and, after interviewing the man, the victim and the witnesses, discovered an attempted kidnapping had occurred.

When the officers attempted to arrest the man, he struggled. Officers ultimately needed to deploy a Taser to subdue the man and make the arrest.

The man was identified as Jerome Leon Silver II, 31, of Waldorf and was charged with kidnapping, assault, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. He was being held at the Charles County Detention Center pending an appearance before a district court commissioner.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
They should have included a molestation charge for trying to hug and kiss the toddler.

Thankfully, bystanders were willing to help... can't always say that.

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
Jesus!

This is the kind of crazy crap that makes me hyperventilate. I've got a beautiful 2 year old myself, if this had happened to me I would have been like a crazed mother bear on the guy. My husband thinks I worry too much but I can't tell you how many creepy people I've run into over the last few years who get inappropriately close to or friendly with my kids. They are not just nice folks either, these people make your hair stand on end. :jameo: