OB/Gyn recommendations

Lilypad032

I am new to the area (Waldorf) and was putting off finding doctors as long as possible. However now that I am pregnant, I see how that might not have been so smart. Anyone have recommendations (insurance is Kaiser Permanante if that helps). :howdy:

belvak

Happy Camper
Lilypad032 said:
I am new to the area (Waldorf) and was putting off finding doctors as long as possible. However now that I am pregnant, I see how that might not have been so smart. Anyone have recommendations (insurance is Kaiser Permanante if that helps). :howdy:

I had Kaiser several years ago. Don't you have to go to one of their medical centers and see their doctors or have they changed? Have you checked the plan guide yet?

Lilypad032

Yes for normal stuff you must go to "your assigned doctor" who will then refer you except for OB/GYN visits those can be self-referred as long as you stay in the network (I think). I don't really do the doctor thing unless I am dying but in this case I have no choice

smile

I live in St. Mary's County and go to Dr. Palko. She is great, she delivered my last two kids. Not sure how far you want to drive.

blondiedust

I moved to the area in February, and have started with Dr. Aron in La Plata. The office is right by the hospital, and they seem wonderful. I got the reference from a woman who works with my husband, and she has had them deliver her 2 children. Dr. Aron's office number is 301/934-6491. Hope that helps

J

jp2854

~mellabella~ said:
I've heard wonderful stuff about Dr. Palko. Mine is Dr. Neal. She did a fantastic job with my delivery.
Do you mean dr. polko? Who is in leonardtown?

J

jp2854

basher said:
:yeahthat:

She is the nicest, sweetest Dr. She was great with my wife and our newborn son.

You are right I go to her myself and she is great. She even listens to you and she is very caring. I am glad your wife likes her basher.