Where did they all go?

ImnoMensa

Man I remember Dance Halls and Nightclubs when they were in their Heyday.
Places like The Village barn, The Crossroads, Senate Inn, Jeans Las Vegas and 301 ranch. The Wigwam, The real Mousetrap in Waldorf, Strick's and the Quonset Hut. The Lamplighter, Country Castle, Stardust, Roundup.
Closer to home Pennies, Charlie Prices, Carrico's, Places that were hopping with real bands. Plenty of friendly people to dance with.

Gone ,but not forgotten.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
I'mno Mensa said:
Man I remember Dance Halls and Nightclubs when they were in their Heyday.
Places like The Village barn, The Crossroads, Senate Inn, Jeans Las Vegas and 301 ranch. The Wigwam, The real Mousetrap in Waldorf, Strick's and the Quonset Hut. The Lamplighter, Country Castle, Stardust, Roundup.
Closer to home Pennies, Charlie Prices, Carrico's, Places that were hopping with real bands. Plenty of friendly people to dance with.
Gone ,but not forgotten.
You left out the Classic III & Gus & Johns. I never failed to meet babes there and dance the night away. The bands were the area's best too. The bands today don't even compare. The Quonset Hut didn't look like much on the outside but was real classy inside. I only went there 2 times but I knew a waitress there. In '74 I used to live in PG & drive to Carrico's. By the time I got home I was sober again! :lmao: They'll never be times like that again. The times & people are too different. Today everyone is on the edge. Back then life was slower and had much more quality to it. I was born in DC & raised in Hillcrest Heights. Lived there from 56 thru 77. Thanks for the memories!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Pasofever said:
And wasn't it the Pink Elephant...

How about Happyland :lmao:

Don't remember the Pink Elephant. Probably BEFORE I moved here. Leonardtown Wharf burned down before I moved here. Happyland, I never went to. What was the place that is now under 235 by the base, Ace's or 2nd Base or something like that? It had a softball field and it was near Elephant's Trunk.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
RoseRed said:
Don't remember the Pink Elephant. Probably BEFORE I moved here. Leonardtown Wharf burned down before I moved here. Happyland, I never went to. What was the place that is now under 235 by the base, Ace's or 2nd Base or something like that? It had a softball field and it was near Elephant's Trunk.

Jazz will know she is old.. :yay: I used to go to L Wharf too but mostly to just swim the horses around ...(if thats the right place) It was on the water. Not sure of the place you are talking about..

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Pasofever said:
Jazz will know she is old.. :yay: I used to go to L Wharf too but mostly to just swim the horses around ...(if thats the right place) It was on the water. Not sure of the place you are talking about..
Jazzy knows everything. :lmao:

OldHillcrestGuy

ItalianScallion said:
In '74 I used to live in PG & drive to Carrico's. By the time I got home I was sober again! :lmao: I was born in DC & raised in Hillcrest Heights. Lived there from 56 thru 77. Thanks for the memories!

Where was Carrico's? OHG was born in DC & raised in Hillcrest Heights. I lived there from 1952 till 1972 when I married. Still have my Dad and a brother living in Hillcrest.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
greyhound said:
My Grandmother used to go to a bar in CRE. Was that the name of it? I remember going with my mom to meet her there.

Nope, not a bar! It was a teen dance hall / clubhouse (now torn down) across the parking lot from the clubhouse (someone's house there now!).
Live bands there in the summer on saturday nights. Lotsa fun - it had a snack bar too! 60s/70s

greyhound

FireBrand said:
Nope, not a bar! It was a teen dance hall / clubhouse (now torn down) across the parking lot from the clubhouse (someone's house there now!).
Live bands there in the summer on saturday nights. Lotsa fun - it had a snack bar too! 60s/70s

Hee hee...I was a little kid back in those days :razz: I bet my Aunt hung out there.

greyhound

Larry Gude said:
...the Sunrise in Waldorf? Club Sunrise or Sunshine? Something like that.

It was the Club Sunrise. Friends of my parents owned it. We used to meet them for breakfast on sunday mornings at the club and i would collect guitar picks off the stage.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Cool...

greyhound said:
It was the Club Sunrise. Friends of my parents owned it. We used to meet them for breakfast on sunday mornings at the club and i would collect guitar picks off the stage.

...and teeth and eyeballs? :lmao: