POACRE opens communication

FastCarsSpeed

Come Play at BigWoodys
LOL

The sad part is that Im sure we have pavers in the community that are more capable to get the whole community paved in a more timely manner LOL.

And yes the Site is resident run. ;)

Censorship should not happen. There will be some growing/learning pains but other than that it should be a good cause.

ladyhawk

LOL sorry that is funny! But it still gets to the idea of getting the professionals we have donating a couple of days a year. If we could just get a handful of them helping us...WOW

Oh and one other thing... I AM getting a new learning experience and can't THANK YOU enough for your help in making it happen!
I LOVE learning new stuff!

June

Last edited:
R

residentofcre

usagent said:
They dont have the technology to fill a pot hole but this they can do?

Perhaps the location of potholes could be posted on the forum.

That's just my idea... I haven't discussed this with the forum volunteers or the Board yet... but it seems like a good topic to discuss....

Have you checked the forum out? It's not bad at all!

I'd like to make one small change... maybe when signing in we should require that a lot number be noted so we are sure we are discussing issues with members in the forum... but that's just my idea... I haven't discussed this with the forum volunteers or the Board yet... but it seems like a good topic to discuss....

I'm just delighted we have a forum..... It's been a long time coming... now it's up the membership to make it even better.............

tommyjones

ladyhawk said:
LOL sorry that is funny! But it still gets to the idea of getting the professionals we have donating a couple of days a year. If we could just get a handful of them helping us...WOW

Oh and one other thing... I AM getting a new learning experience and can't THANK YOU enough for your help in making it happen!
I LOVE learning new stuff!

June
with the money you guys take in from dues and the STD you really shouldn't need to many voluteers

R

residentofcre

tommyjones said:
with the money you guys take in from dues and the STD you really shouldn't need to many voluteers

When you consider the infrastructure that Chesapeake Ranch Estates has:

66 miles of roads,1 playground 2 basketball courts 2 Bay Beaches, Lakes, ponds, dams, street signs, walking paths, a pier, several buildings, and cliffs and an airport.....

puts it more into perspective.

We have 20% of the county population and about 15% as many miles of road as the county. Look at the difference of the income.... Sure it seems like a lot of taxes but really it's a lot of responsiblity and infrastructure.

That's just my opinion... as a member of CRE.... Becky

tyn72

Has corporate sponsorship/community grants from local corporations ever been considered as a way to get funds for sidewalks or paving?
There are companies like Constellation and SMECO, for example, which might contribute money to such projects as good PR and community involvement. IE: having a company sponsor a section of sidewalk, etc.
Just wondering if the private sector might be more interested in our plight than the county.
I'm so amazed at how a county can neglect such a large segment of it's population. People shouldn't have to push baby strollers in the road, like I see all the time.
Just wondering if it had ever been tossed out there.

Last edited:
Has corporate sponsorship/community grants from local corporations ever been considered as a way to get funds for sidewalks or paving?
There are companies like Constellation and SMECO, for example, which might contribute money to such projects as good PR and community involvement. IE: having a company sponsor a section of sidewalk, etc.
Just wondering if the private sector might be more interested in our plight than the county.
I'm so amazed at how a county can neglect such a large segment of it's population. People shouldn't have to push baby strollers in the road, like I see all the time.
Where are all the communities in Southern Maryland with sidewalks?? Perhaps you should have stayed in an urban area.

R

residentofcre

I suggested all of them over the past 8 years and I have been laughed at! They say I'm :bigwhoop: you know....

We do qualify for quite a few of these grangs, and corporate sponsorships. I think the Lake Committee is working on something now that will break the bottleneck... hopefully...

R

residentofcre

Can you tell me where there is a walking path??

There is a rough walking path that winds through the woods behind the stables. You go in at the dark brown bollards just down the hill near the clubhouse area... I walked it last winter and with the exception of one tree down, it was really ok.