Backpacking

cbhaislip

My husband and I are trying to plan a backpacking trip (2 or 3 days) for our anniversary coming up mid October. We aren't experienced "backpackers" but we love hiking and just enjoying outdoors. We are willing to travel to a great place (preferably within 4 or 5 hours of Southern MD). Does anyone have any ideas or places they've been? We'd love to see some beautiful fall leaves, mountain country side, waterfalls...you know, all the good stuff.

Josimmon

cbhaislip said:
My husband and I are trying to plan a backpacking trip (2 or 3 days) for our anniversary coming up mid October. We aren't experienced "backpackers" but we love hiking and just enjoying outdoors. We are willing to travel to a great place (preferably within 4 or 5 hours of Southern MD). Does anyone have any ideas or places they've been? We'd love to see some beautiful fall leaves, mountain country side, waterfalls...you know, all the good stuff.

If you go to the Blue Ridge Parkway in VA, it is 3 or 4 hours from here. VA section is not as nice as the NC section but they do have some nice trails.

nomoney

aps45819 said:
Appalachian Trail is about 3 hours west of here.

:yeahthat: Have backpacked the trail a few times and it is def scenic. Some rough parts, but just dont try to over do yourselves distance wise and you'll be fine.

cbhaislip said:
Jeremy's Run Trail in Shenendoah NP. It's a circuit hike (as in it's a circle). You cross a stream something like 20 times. Beautiful hike.