Ralph's Dodge was sold

And it was bought by the people who own Waldorf Ford/Dodge (and all the other locations). What a shame. We used to like Ralph's. :ohwell:

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
Speedy70 said:
And it was bought by the people who own Waldorf Ford/Dodge (and all the other locations). What a shame. We used to like Ralph's. :ohwell:

Oh you have got to be kidding me!

They already have a monopoly on Ford dealerships down here (except for Hunt Ford).

vegmom said:
Oh you have got to be kidding me!

They already have a monopoly on Ford dealerships down here (except for Hunt Ford).

Not kidding. I know someone who works at Prince Frederick Ford and he told me so. He may end up down at Ralph's.

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
Speedy70 said:
Not kidding. I know someone who works at Prince Frederick Ford and he told me so. He may end up down at Ralph's.

I'm not a big fan of their management (from dealing with Waldorf Ford).

Their ownership is not even local.

That leaves Park Dodge and Hunt Ford as the only independent Ford/Dodge dealers in the area.

GopherM

Darwin was right
Ralph is retiring and he and the family are moving to Montana. Gonna live that boyhood dream of being a cowboy I guess.

raven

I SAID IT YES I DID !
I will never buy from Waldorf Ford/ Dodge again.

Speedy70 said:

I will never buy a car or truck from Waldorf Ford again after buying three cars from them.

I now deal with DARCARS DODGE OF Authway and DARCARS OF Lanham Ford they have powerhouse deals great service and do what they say.
:bigwhoop:

hammishsqueak

We're all mad here.
I always felt that I could trust Ralph's more than the other dealerships around here in Southern MD. I've had nothing but good experiences with them in the past.

willie

hammishsqueak said:
I always felt that I could trust Ralph's more than the other dealerships around here in Southern MD. I've had nothing but good experiences with them in the past.
:yeahthat:
One of the few dealerships anywhere that you seldom hear a complaint. The parts department people are first class and don't need your VIN number to buy a glove box latch.
Ralph will be missed.

popsicle

vegmom said:

That leaves Park Dodge and Hunt Ford as the only independent Ford/Dodge dealers in the area.

And Park Dodge is the
WORST!!!!!!!!!

happy2b

Ok, so Ralph if you read this please make note that you will be missed! Take those beautiful girls of yours and lock them in a closet..,I would . At least you can enjoy yourself now. You have worked hard and your service has been much appreciated. We'll miss you!!

Bonehead

Yep. His dealership was really exceptional in my book. Well the man deserves to get the hell out of the rat race good for you Ralph !

maxpower

:yeahthat:
One of the few dealerships anywhere that you seldom hear a complaint. The parts department people are first class and don't need your VIN number to buy a glove box latch.
Ralph will be missed.

Thats not true. The vehicles have so many different options the Vin # has to be used to look up parts. Thats the only way to find out how the vehicle was built and what body code were used for what color glove box handle (example)

The owner resides in Virginia but he has a house in Calvert county on the water. He also owns a Ford dealership and a Used car dealership in Richmond Virginia. I believe that he has 9 dealerships in all including all of his used car lots.

willie

Thats not true. The vehicles have so many different options the Vin # has to be used to look up parts. Thats the only way to find out how the vehicle was built and what body code were used for what color glove box handle (example)
I said "glove box latch" not planetary gear or any option specific part. I'm talking about Ralph having competent employee's that had the intelligence to know what parts really require a VIN look-up. Are you the cute little teeny booper at a certain Chevrolet dealer that needed a VIN number for a K2500 rear axle grease seal? It was way below her dignity to touch the used, dirty seal and compare it to the two possibilities she had in stock. I bought it down the street at NAPA.

You might want to re-evaluate the enthusiasm you have for your job as I'm sure there is someone in India that would like to have it.

wineo

loving life
The owner resides in Virginia but he has a house in Calvert county on the water. He also owns a Ford dealership and a Used car dealership in Richmond Virginia. I believe that he has 9 dealerships in all including all of his used car lots.

Believe he wants to shut them all down at some time and have one mega center for Southern MD. That was what the people in the dealerships he owns were saying not long ago.

maxpower

And your point is? Have you ever looked into what John Darvish has with Dar-Cars