Anyone familiar with Walden Sierra?

**SoMDgal**

Hey everyone! I was wondering if you all are aware of Walden/Sierra? What are your thoughts/perspective on the agency?
:shrug:

K

Kain99

Wonderful agency! Truly good people, doing truly good things.

smcop

Hey everyone! I was wondering if you all are aware of Walden/Sierra? What are your thoughts/perspective on the agency?
:shrug:
They have a wide range of services and do very good work. Depending on the age of the person, you may also want to consider the Center for Children.

wineo

loving life
My office collaborates with Walden on a few programs. You would be surprised what they do for woman and children, their addiction programs and other programs. They will work with you and your family to help in any situation.

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
Contact info?

Check the weblink. I know it's in there somewhere.

They do do VERY good things. The only negative thing I can think of, you'll find with any place like that (staff wouldn't do the job otherwise)- IMO, they're staff is too humanistic, making them very naive.

wineo

loving life
You can also go to stmarysnetworkofcare.org. This is resource guide for St. Mary's County online. Easy to use and list hundreds of agencys and resources available in the county.

mkd20012001

Live~Love~Laugh
Waldens hotline number is 301-863-6661. They can direct you from there. They do great work for all kinds of causes.

Last edited:

sockgirl77

I think their childrens' counseling program is great. I think their drug program is a joke. So, it depends on what you are looking for.

Ender

Undercover Geek
I've gone to Walden Sierra as a teenager; there were a number of helpful people..but there were some that were simply too easy to 'fool'. When you're a teenager and don't want anyone to know something's going on, you're going to try to fool every living being into thinking everything is "okay". I admit, it was my fault as a teenager that I was attempting to fool them - but there were others that were unable to be 'fooled' at all (sadly, my old therapist moved from there to the psychiatric clinic near the movie theater - that was the last I've seen of her).

I have to admit that they were a little tight in regards to taking people in. I know their old 'dorms' were for females only; but I got in for a few weeks once due to some..problems I was having at the time. Ultimately, it goes to show that they're dedicated enough to try to help you. My only thing was that a few of their psychiatrists were a bit...odd. Can't really go into any further details without giving details of my own past (which I don't care to elaborate on).