Ranch Club Entrance by the Post Office

slaphappynmd

Has anyone else noticed the traffic light there, where you make a left going towards solomons, seems to be missing cycles? I've seen it 3 times now, everyone is waiting to turn left and the people on HG Truman are able to make their turns, but trying to get onto HG Truman it just won't turn green. Come back an hour later and it is fine.
Whats up with that?

R

residentofcre

slaphappynmd said:
Has anyone else noticed the traffic light there, where you make a left going towards solomons, seems to be missing cycles? I've seen it 3 times now, everyone is waiting to turn left and the people on HG Truman are able to make their turns, but trying to get onto HG Truman it just won't turn green. Come back an hour later and it is fine.
Whats up with that?

I haven't noticed it doing that. The traffic out of CRE is supposed for follow the traffic out of Appeal Lane. I've always seen it work that way.

You will need to call State Highway to make a complaint. It was originally financed by the County but the State is responsible for the light.

slaphappynmd

residentofcre said:
I haven't noticed it doing that. The traffic out of CRE is supposed for follow the traffic out of Appeal Lane. I've always seen it work that way.

You will need to call State Highway to make a complaint. It was originally financed by the County but the State is responsible for the light.

Alright, thanks
I got through the internsection more than 10 times a day, so I've sat in it each times, eventually people will start to just go through the red light, treating it as a flashing red light, stop and then proceed with caution, or turning towards the shell station and making a U-Turn.

MMDad

Lem Putt
I've called about that light before. The left turn lane from southbound 765 does not always turn green. People expect it to, so when the through lane light turns green they go ahead and turn. I've seen some extremely close misses.

Here's who to contact. Maybe if they hear from more than just me they'll finally do something.

Prince Frederick Shop
100 Hallowing Point Road
Prince Frederick, MD. 20678
Phone Numbers: 410-535-1748, 410-535-1749 or 410-535-1445
Fax number: 410-535-1564

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
Usually it's the light turning left INTO CRE when you are coming from Southern Middle. I have sat through that light several times. After two times of it being red and not changing I just go.

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
It's mostly because people are to dumb to pull up to the sensor :doh:

You think so? One day a motorcycle was stopped in front of me. He kept pulling up and the light wouldn't change so he looked at me and waved me forward. Still didn't change. I guess he though his motorcycle wasn't big enough for the so called sensor

R

residentofcre

Alright, thanks
I got through the internsection more than 10 times a day, so I've sat in it each times, eventually people will start to just go through the red light, treating it as a flashing red light, stop and then proceed with caution, or turning towards the shell station and making a U-Turn.

The light is not supposed to be convenient for those going North & South. It was never intended to be a through street light. It was installed to keep the school children safe and allow parents to safely transport children to schools and Southern Community Center. The light was designed to give safer east west passage and discourage North South travel [keeping our children safer].

The state wanted to put a million dollar circle there. We nixed that idea because it would take away from what little parking Appeal Elementary has.

When they finish the new road, that will be a much faster way to get anywhere....

The shopping was put in there because the county paid for the light and the road from Truman to Gunsmoke.... [They also planned to jam Lusby Parkway into CRE on Gunsmoke]

Anyway... the light is supposed to be 90seconds in rotation time for the intersection... People coming down from the North should come in off of Rt 4 at Rousby Hall, it's quicker....

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bronwyn

It's mostly because people are to dumb to pull up to the sensor :doh:

You think so? One day a motorcycle was stopped in front of me. He kept pulling up and the light wouldn't change so he looked at me and waved me forward. Still didn't change. I guess he though his motorcycle wasn't big enough for the so called sensor

I have seen many cars a full car length away from the sensor. Also motorcycles can sometimes fails to register on the sensor as well. I've never noticed a missed light cycle there, but I only go that way when I need to go to the PO.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
The arrow going on to Plum Point Rd. from Rt. 4 South misses cycles all the time. Dosen't matter if you are in a Semi and pulled all the way up to the white line either.

smoothmarine187

:smack: I said "mostly"