Helpful info for new learner's law

keepsmiling

:howdy:

MVA as well as myself was really frustrated with this new form/law yesterday. None of the local schools got it right. Make sure YOUR SCHOOL places their seal at the bottom of the form as well as on the lap of the envelope. My school unfortunately messed up and did not place their seal on the lap of the envelope. I had to drive 20 some miles back to my daughter's school and get them to fix it and then back to MVA. I hope that this helps you so there won't be any waste of time.:doh:

BusyMom

Can you tell me what exactly this form is for? My child has a Learner's and will be eligible to get a license soon. I want to make sure I am doing everything correct.

awpitt

Main Streeter
:howdy:

MVA as well as myself was really frustrated with this new form/law yesterday. None of the local schools got it right. Make sure YOUR SCHOOL places their seal at the bottom of the form as well as on the lap of the envelope. My school unfortunately messed up and did not place their seal on the lap of the envelope. I had to drive 20 some miles back to my daughter's school and get them to fix it and then back to MVA. I hope that this helps you so there won't be any waste of time.:doh:

Thanks for the info.

BusyMom

Thanks for the info!! I appreciate it! It's a shame the state has to legislate your children going to school. That is a parent's responsibility.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Thanks for the info!! I appreciate it! It's a shame the state has to legislate your children going to school. That is a parent's responsibility.
The state has legislated school attendance for years. This is just another way to help make it happen. If your kids don't skip school, the law will have nothing to do with you.

robbie

Hi, my son is now ready (been bugging me nonstop) to get his provisionals. Do I need to do anything different at this point or is it for those just getting learners. I hate the whole way you have to call to get an appt. Takes forever on the phone.
Thanks

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Hi, my son is now ready (been bugging me nonstop) to get his provisionals. Do I need to do anything different at this point or is it for those just getting learners. I hate the whole way you have to call to get an appt. Takes forever on the phone.
Thanks

True, but it sure beats sitting at MVA for half the day waiting to take the test. :shrug:

awpitt

Main Streeter
Thanks
It only applies for the learners. Once a kid is 16, they can legally withdraw from school.