Sunny's Tanning - what's going on?

havoc

Does anyone know what's going on with Sunny's Tanning on Rt. 925 in Waldorf? I'm a regular there, and they've had a sign up since Monday stating "Sunny's will be temporarily closed due to an emergency." No answering machine, no date they expect to reopen. Just wondering if anyone knows the story behind this. I hope everyone there is ok.

havoc

To answer my own question...

My husband is off work today and drove by to see if there was any new info posted. The owner was there cleaning the place out and told him they got an $8,000 electric bill they couldn't pay so the electricity was cut off. They're going out of business.

FYI, she's selling the tanning beds, so in case anyone's interested in purchasing one...there you have it.

ITS ME

To answer my own question...

My husband is off work today and drove by to see if there was any new info posted. The owner was there cleaning the place out and told him they got an $8,000 electric bill they couldn't pay so the electricity was cut off. They're going out of business.

FYI, she's selling the tanning beds, so in case anyone's interested in purchasing one...there you have it.

Thanks for the info, do you know if they are refunding people (like me) that bought minutes that are still unused? (I know stupid question, but still...)

havoc

Thanks for the info, do you know if they are refunding people (like me) that bought minutes that are still unused? (I know stupid question, but still...)

Nope, no refunds. My guess is that she's going to file bankruptcy rather than refunding a few thousand customers. She gave us a good deal on a bed though, since we both recently purchased large packages. A customer showed up when we were getting the bed saying that she just purchased a gift certificate for a friend and was none too happy that they were selling those right up until the end.