Griffins Flooring Max

mAlice

professional daydreamer
:yay: :yay:
house008.jpg

General Lee

Elaine,

Is the baseboard trim in your picture a stained trim? I ask because the trim in my house is stained and I'm trying to get a visual on what it looks like with hard wood.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Here's another view...dining room. Pay no attention to the hideous curtains. They've been replaced.

house002.jpg

nightowl

I went to Griffins and found the prices a lot higher than some of the other local places.

I'm getting ready to put new flooring in the kitchen. What about some of the other flooring places in St. Mary's? Doyles? Clark Flooring? Any others? Is their workmanship as good?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I went to Griffins and found the prices a lot higher than some of the other local places.

I'm getting ready to put new flooring in the kitchen. What about some of the other flooring places in St. Mary's? Doyles? Clark Flooring? Any others? Is their workmanship as good?

Clarks did Christy's floors. They're beautiful. After I got a quote from Griffin I went to Clarks and they told me they couldn't even match 'em, so I went with Griffin. When we built the house Griffin put our carpet in. When they pulled it up (over 10 yrs), they said it looked almost new...a testament to their original work and quality of the carpet. When they put the hard wood in, they were quick and efficient, and very pleasant. I didn't mind having them in my house for a week.

GopherM

Darwin was right
Can anyone give any feedback on their service and quality of work when it comes to installation??

Each of their stores are managed differently and have different installer/mechanics. I have heard the one in LP is the best.

I know everything changes, but we had home built 10 years ago, Griffin did all the flooring. Ceramic tile came out great, carpet and vinyl were all lousy. The vinyl came with lifetime warranty that was only honored by a $350 refund for the lousy work. I guess that was because the vinyl was good but the installation was horrible.

Cletus_Vandam

Griffins is very expensive. Are you getting a hard floor installed or carpet?

I got a quote from them a year ago for new carpet and died when they told me $13,000 for the whole house. We went across the bridge to Virginia and got the whole house done for around $4,000.

Not an apples to apples comparison. We did get a lessor quality carpet, but no way the job should have been $9000 more. I don't care how good the Griffins carpet was. Think about it. I can replace my carpet three times before it begins to approach the price Griffins wanted.

L

lonewolfe52

Be Careful With Installations

Can anyone give any feedback on their service and quality of work when it comes to installation??

We have used them twice over the last year and each time the installer left a cutting blade in the carpet - luckily I found it before someone sliced their foot open. I had mentioned it the first time when they did it, and wouldn't you know when they came back darned if the installer didn't do it again.

General Lee

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'm still looking into prices but I would rather pick someone who is established and will warranty their work. Some of these mom and pop stores make me a little nervous. Plus the larger you are, you would think they have the ability to be easier on the prices?? Money is an issue, but I want good quality work and I want the installers to take pride in their work. I don't want the "can't see it from my house" attitude.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Clarks flooring is fantastic. I really liked Badgirl's floors in her former house, and that was who she used, so that is who I used with no regrets. They do nice work and will come back and fix any areas that you are not happy with. They even fixed an area that I dug up while moving furniture, at no charge.

Had red oak installed throughout most of the house and bamboo in the bedroom. They also did the tile work in one of the bathrooms. All total came to a little less than $20K, but they refinished existing hardwood I have in the kitchen, put hardwood stair in (3 flights), red oak in the hall, sitting room, and one bedroom. Bamboo in the master bedroom, and floor tile and shower tile in the bathroom (which included replacing all of the greenboard in the shower before putting up the tile).

General Lee

Actually I'm giving Flooring Max in Charlotte Hall a look. They are coming out next week for a measure and estimate. I think they are affiliated with Griffins.

W

WhoCares

Griffins Flooring did our wood laminate.

Very professional, and they are beautiful. The salesman came out and matched my cabinets with the laminate perfect. It has added so much to the house.

General Lee

Well Flooring Max did my floors, went with real hardwood. I feel I got a fair if not excellent price on a top quality wood. The installer was very professional and made sure we were satisfied throughout the entire job. I had a great salesman as well which added to the great experience. I would recommend them.