beer suggestions?

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

I've decided to broaden my horizens in beer consumption. I'm looking for something with more flavor/body, no more of this light or (most) domestic bullchit. Any suggestions? (green to whoever gives me a suggestion before i leave for ocean city which is at 6:15...so by 6:10 please lol..)

preferably nothing too pricey, but i'm open to suggestions to at least try stuff out...

Last edited:

GopherM

Darwin was right
I've decided to broaden my horizens in beer consumption. I'm looking for something with more flavor/body, no more of this light or (most) domestic bullchit. Any suggestions? (green to whoever gives me a suggestion before i leave for ocean city which is at 6:15...so by 6:10 please lol..)

:buddies:You might want to hit the Market Place Wine & Spirits wine tasting next Friday. They always have a selection of beers as well as the wine offered. Of course that won't help you make a decision on what to get blind drunk on in OC this weekend.

The other main advice that I would offer is remember, the more you drink the more you return and if you drink to much, the exit is not always pretty.:otter:

Stop at the Blue Wind on 235. He has some very different kinds of beer.

My fav is Number 9 Blackberry Wheat.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My personal favorite (for right now) is Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale. You can get it at the liquor store in San Souci.

Sam Adams beers are always excellent. If you're used to lighter beers, I wouldn't go with anything to heavy or hoppy to start, so stay away from porters, stouts and pale ales until your taste buds get adjusted.

Angel

~*~*~
Warsteiner is my favorite beer, however it's hard to get around here. It's a German Beer and quite tasty.

Angel

~*~*~
My personal favorite (for right now) is Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale. You can get it at the liquor store in San Souci.

Sam Adams beers are always excellent. If you're used to lighter beers, I wouldn't go with anything to heavy or hoppy to start, so stay away from porters, stouts and pale ales until your taste buds get adjusted.

I'm glad you posted this. One of my favorites while I lived in Maine was a Seasonal brew by Shipyard Brewing Company called Pumpkin Head Ale. Can't get it around here, but I'll take a substitute and try the Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale.

Cletus_Vandam

Warsteiner is my favorite beer, however it's hard to get around here. It's a German Beer and quite tasty.

CORRECT! It is a very good beer. And better yet, it is abundant here in AZ!

I have to go with Widmer Hefeweizen. It's an unfiltered wheat beer and with a wedge of orange-IT IS AWESOME! I will be having some tonight.

Mikeinsmd

preferably nothing too pricey, but i'm open to suggestions to at least try stuff out...
1. You're not old enough to drink beer.
2. You cannot give green when you are red.
3. See below.

Floris Chocolat
Blue Moon
Pyramid Apricot
Any brew from Ellicott Mills in Ellicott City (Dunkel, Martzen, Bock of the Bat, Dopplebock)
Smythwyicks (sp)
Wild Goose Oatmeal Stout
Perinni
Youngs Double Chocolate Stout
Olde Stein Inn's Optimator, Decimator, Raspberry, etc... (Excellent selection of German beers)

Attachments

• Floris%20Chocolat%20-%20330ml%20-%20210x330.jpg
    Floris%20Chocolat%20-%20330ml%20-%20210x330.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 44
  • frontlabel_huyghe-floris-chocolat-gardenbeer.jpg
    frontlabel_huyghe-floris-chocolat-gardenbeer.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 24