to the auto mechanics

jenbengen

Watch it
I have a Mazda MPV that needs a new EGR valve. Is this something my husband can replace with directions without taking the engine apart and causing more damage? :lmao: The car place wants $800+ to do the job (also includes a tune-up, spark plug replacement, oil change). We're hoping to avoid spending that much money.

Thanks for any suggestions/recommendations you can offer.

onebdzee

off the shelf
I have a Mazda MPV that needs a new EGR valve. Is this something my husband can replace with directions without taking the engine apart and causing more damage? :lmao: The car place wants $800+ to do the job (also includes a tune-up, spark plug replacement, oil change). We're hoping to avoid spending that much money.

Thanks for any suggestions/recommendations you can offer.

Go to AutoZone and get the repair manuel, EGR valve, spark plugs, oil and oil filter) for your Mazda and do it yourself

OR........

I have a 9 year old that can do it for you for $400 or he can show your hubby how if you feed him :yay:

jenbengen

Watch it
Go to AutoZone and get the repair manuel, EGR valve, spark plugs, oil and oil filter) for your Mazda and do it yourself

OR........

I have a 9 year old that can do it for you for $400 or he can show your hubby how if you feed him :yay:

:lmao: Thanks.

Agee

Do you know for sure it's bad? What year is the vehicle? MAny of the newer models don't employ an EGR valve.

Can be simple job if it's easily acssesable (read; don't have to remove a host of parts to get to it) Normally, two bolts and a vacumm hose. Realize since these things are mounted on the exhaust manifold, the hot/cold cycles can make the bolts difficult to remove.

Vince

OR........

:lmao: :yay:

softtouch

Sometimes there is a sensor that the computer looks at to determine the position of the EGR. There could be something other than the EGR valve itself broken.
So if you guess right you save money and feel great about fixing it yourself.
If not it was worth the gamble.