trash pickup in southern st mary's

Goobergrl6

does anyone know if anyone picks up garbage down here? We are in Scotland and I just called WM and they said they do not pickup here. I am tired of waiting for my husband to take the trash all the time. Thanks.

Floyd2004

-Void-
does anyone know if anyone picks up garbage down here? We are in Scotland and I just called WM and they said they do not pickup here. I am tired of waiting for my husband to take the trash all the time. Thanks.

At the end of the world like that I wouldnt think anyone would pick up

sunflower

Loving My Life...

You could take it :shrug:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
There is a transfer station in Ridge. Even a pregnant woman should be able to haul her trash there. Or, you should kick your hubby's butt. I'd opt for option two. What's he gonna be like when the kid is born????

Dork

Highlander's MPD

Don't get me started on this subject! I'm in my 40s and have lived in many places. Southern MD is the only place I've ever lived that doesn't have trash pick up. I live in Calvert and finally broke down and started paying $95/ a quarter for once a week pick up. Hauling my nasty garbage to a drop off place, waiting in line, etc just didn't make sense to me. My taxes for trash pick up used to be about $275/year where I moved from. This included twice a week curb pick up, recycling and no limits on what i could put out to the curb. Now I am paying $400/ year, only get the trash taken away once a week and there's no recycling. Anyway, all my recycling stuff now goes in the trash.

For those who have lived in Calvert for years, they will tell you they don't want the extra taxes or they don't want to have to think about dragging their trash to the curb twice a week. :confused: To each his own. I've done the math. It's definiteley more expensive, involves more work, more time and doesn't encourage recycling. If you only knew. I can lead you to water, but I can not make you drink it........

dn0121

It was very strange to me too when I moved here.

Don't get me started on this subject! I'm in my 40s and have lived in many places. Southern MD is the only place I've ever lived that doesn't have trash pick up. I live in Calvert and finally broke down and started paying $95/ a quarter for once a week pick up. Hauling my nasty garbage to a drop off place, waiting in line, etc just didn't make sense to me. My taxes for trash pick up used to be about $275/year where I moved from. This included twice a week curb pick up, recycling and no limits on what i could put out to the curb. Now I am paying $400/ year, only get the trash taken away once a week and there's no recycling. Anyway, all my recycling stuff now goes in the trash.

For those who have lived in Calvert for years, they will tell you they don't want the extra taxes or they don't want to have to think about dragging their trash to the curb twice a week. :confused: To each his own. I've done the math. It's definiteley more expensive, involves more work, more time and doesn't encourage recycling. If you only knew. I can lead you to water, but I can not make you drink it........

Goobergrl6

we take it to the convience center but were looking for someone to get it. My husband's truck bed and high and if a can were to roll to the back I could not get it 7 months pg. Non pg I could jump up there but not now. He takes it when he has to but if we could get pickup it would be easier.