New to Area

On_the_Water

My husband and I are new to the area. We would like to know what is a good bar to watch our fav football teams, places we can take our 9yr to(family events), and a place we can go to be a couple and enjoy the evenings we get on rare occassions alone.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My husband and I are new to the area. We would like to know what is a good bar to watch our fav football teams, places we can take our 9yr to(family events), and a place we can go to be a couple and enjoy the evenings we get on rare occassions alone.

What area? :lmao:

dn0121

Welcome to the area. Just moved here a few months ago also. You will learn that currently there is nothing close that is enjoyable. I hate Damons but that is really the only place that I have found. If you don't mind a 45 min drive or more you may find some place, but who wants to do that to have a beer?

Hopefully this town will continue to grow and become something, although a lot of people would prefer it wouldn't. I don't begrudge those people at all. I just hope it will grow, but grow with a plan.

Good luck, and let me know if you find something that I have missed.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Welcome to the area. Just moved here a few months ago also. You will learn that currently there is nothing close that is enjoyable. I hate Damons but that is really the only place that I have found. If you don't mind a 45 min drive or more you may find some place, but who wants to do that to have a beer?

Hopefully this town will continue to grow and become something, although a lot of people would prefer it wouldn't. I don't begrudge those people at all. I just hope it will grow, but grow with a plan.

Depends on what you consider enjoyable.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!

IMO if you are looking for big city life, you picked the wrong town.

buddy999

It's Great to be American

One of the few places I know of around here that you can bring kids into would be Damons. They have 4 big screens, two usually have some game on, one generally is set for children and one is set for the trivia game. The bar area also has at least 1 small screen TV that generally is tuned to some game.

On_the_Water

He likes MN Vikings and I'm a Colts Fan. We are down this far from everything for his job(no military, navy, or air force). We have been going to Leonardtown to Buffalo Wings & Beer right on Rt5. Next to McKay's. They have 8 Big screens displaying all the games at all different times. $5 pitchers and at late night games between 5-11 kids eat free.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
He likes MN Vikings and I'm a Colts Fan. We are down this far from everything for his job(no military, navy, or air force). We have been going to Leonardtown to Buffalo Wings & Beer right on Rt5. Next to McKay's. They have 8 Big screens displaying all the games at all different times. $5 pitchers and at late night games between 5-11 kids eat free.

Try the Brass Rail.

You both will have an awesome time.

BernieP

Resident PIA
1. DirecTV
2. you'll just have to keep your eyes and ears open for special events at the various museums (St. Mary's City, Calvert Marine, St. Clements Island etc). Get involved with a church. If all else fails sign the child up for soccer, that should occupy a good deal of your free time between games and practices.
3. There are a few nice places in St. Mary's: Cafe Des Artists, Tides, Broome Howard Inn [haven't been there in age though]. In Solomons try Dry Dock or CDs Cafe. There are a couple of other nice places in the area but they would be more of a drive.

Good lluck

smoothmarine187

:smack: You are new to the area and already trying to slap a law suit on someone :smack:

On_the_Water

I'm new to the area not by choice, I'd move back in a heartbeat if the opportunity arose. And I am opening up my own biz here with in the next 6mon to a year. But with someone out their illegally using my name in an inapropriate manor, is unexceptable. Considering what she saying about me and my current employer is dated back on paper to the report she sent in was a time I didn't even live here yet. But I'm over it I have an appt to talk to the lawyer and see if anything would and will happen. But I would just love to meet peeps my own age. Instead of spending time with my husband and son 24/7. A girl needs to get out and shop, talk, what ever just a day off once in awhile

Green Turtle in LaPlata, MD. - about a 30 minute drive from you... Rt. 5 north, make a left on Rt. 6 towards LaPlata...

Green Turtle - LaPlata MD.

The bar is on one side, restaurant on the other side... we have taken our 11 y/o in there and he loves the place. They even have video monitors in the booths...

PrepH4U

I'm new to the area not by choice, I'd move back in a heartbeat if the opportunity arose. And I am opening up my own biz here with in the next 6mon to a year. But with someone out their illegally using my name in an inapropriate manor, is unexceptable. Considering what she saying about me and my current employer is dated back on paper to the report she sent in was a time I didn't even live here yet. But I'm over it I have an appt to talk to the lawyer and see if anything would and will happen. But I would just love to meet peeps my own age. Instead of spending time with my husband and son 24/7. A girl needs to get out and shop, talk, what ever just a day off once in awhile

So someone stole your identity? :shrug:

ImnoMensa

Green Turtle is nice. I figured how it got its name.

Take plenty of Green with you and the service moves at a turtles pace.

If you are watching the game you arent in a hurry though.

JPC sr

James P. Cusick Sr.
Batman

One of the few places I know of around here that you can bring kids into would be Damons. They have 4 big screens, two usually have some game on, one generally is set for children and one is set for the trivia game. The bar area also has at least 1 small screen TV that generally is tuned to some game.
:diva: It is true that Damons is the best location for sports, link HERE.

Damon's Grill Lexington Park
22201 Three Notch Rd.
Lexington Park, MARYLAND 20653
Phone: 301-866-9025
Fax: 301-866-9133

It is very close to California and the four big (huge) screens have individual speakers at each individual table, and it is very clean with room for family away from the bar.
:pete: