St Mary's Finest nab footware theif.

wineo

loving life

Did you attend any of the Public Forums on Gangs in St. Mary's County? According to the Sheriff's Office, before the Task Force was formed, they knew of only 1 MS-13 member and said there was no problem with them in St. Mary's it was the gangs coming here to Point Lookout fishing and having cookouts that were the problem. I do have my facts straight and information to back that up. Thanks for the red karma, I LOVE the Color.

smcop

Did you attend any of the Public Forums on Gangs in St. Mary's County? According to the Sheriff's Office, before the Task Force was formed, they knew of only 1 MS-13 member and said there was no problem with them in St. Mary's it was the gangs coming here to Point Lookout fishing and having cookouts that were the problem. I do have my facts straight and information to back that up. Thanks for the red karma, I LOVE the Color.

I'm just curious. I know Sheriff Cameron very well and I know the people who work with gangs in St. Mary's County. At which of the public forums did they say "there is no gang problem?" And could you identify who made the statement?

smcop

"The forums followed a brazen shooting in April at a Lexington Park mobile home park. Authorities allege that Deshawn A. Carey, 18, asked fellow members of a gang called the Boom Squad to confront a man involved in a domestic dispute with his mother. More recently, criminal lawyers and police in St. Mary's have expressed concern that gangs are an emerging problem in the county."

"In an interview, Sheriff Tim Cameron (R) said members of the Boom Squad and the Outsiders have been involved in drug sales. He said by his definition that makes them gangs, in that they are groups of people committing crime. How wide their influence is and how many of their members are juveniles is not known, he said."

Doesn't sound like the sheriff's office is saying there is no gang problem? The quote is from a washington post article.

wineo

loving life
"The forums followed a brazen shooting in April at a Lexington Park mobile home park. Authorities allege that Deshawn A. Carey, 18, asked fellow members of a gang called the Boom Squad to confront a man involved in a domestic dispute with his mother. More recently, criminal lawyers and police in St. Mary's have expressed concern that gangs are an emerging problem in the county."

"In an interview, Sheriff Tim Cameron (R) said members of the Boom Squad and the Outsiders have been involved in drug sales. He said by his definition that makes them gangs, in that they are groups of people committing crime. How wide their influence is and how many of their members are juveniles is not known, he said."

Doesn't sound like the sheriff's office is saying there is no gang problem? The quote is from a washington post article.
June 7th edition of County Times: "A task force of detectives will take to the streets this summer to see whether or not there truly is a gang threat in St. Mary's County." " This will tell me if I need to stand up a gang unit or if we can just handle it through detectives and narcotics enforcement".

wineo

loving life
With all this said, I do believe we have gangs and I do believe the Sheriff's office is helping to reduce the problem. I just feel this work should have started a few years ago, maybe it wouldn't have increased this fast.

smcop

June 7th edition of County Times: "A task force of detectives will take to the streets this summer to see whether or not there truly is a gang threat in St. Mary's County." " This will tell me if I need to stand up a gang unit or if we can just handle it through detectives and narcotics enforcement".

I'm missing something. In your first post you said the Sheriff's Department said there was no gang problem, which seemingly was badmouthing either the Sheriff, or the Sheriff. Now you have quoted the Sheriff, stating he is forming a task force to see if there is a gang threat, or if detectives and narcotics officers can handle "it". Even a person of your moderate intelligence should be able to understand that the "it" is the gang problem people are talking about. You have still failed to show us or tell us who said there was NO gang problem?
Fixed!

Last edited:

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

I'm missing something. In your first post you said the Sheriff's Department said there was no gang problem, which seemingly was badmouthing either the Sheriff, or the Sheriff. Now you have quoted the Sheriff, stating he is forming a task force to see if there is a gang threat, or if detectives and narcotics officers can handle "it". Even a person of your moderate intelligence should be able to understand that the "it" is the gang problem people are talking about. You have still failed to show us or tell us who said there was NO gang problem?I'm missing something. In your first post you said the Sheriff's Department said there was no gang problem, which seemingly was badmouthing either the Sheriff, or the Sheriff. Now you have quoted the Sheriff, stating he is forming a task force to see if there is a gang threat, or if detectives and narcotics officers can handle "it". Even a person of your apparent moderate intelligence should be able to understand that the "it" is the gang problem people are talking about. You have still failed to show us or tell us who said there was NO gang problem?

Whoa, slow down there a sec hoss. you double posted within the same post lol...how did you manage that?

o, thats :offtopic: on my part if you hadn't noticed lol :)

smcop

With all this said, I do believe we have gangs and I do believe the Sheriff's office is helping to reduce the problem. I just feel this work should have started a few years ago, maybe it wouldn't have increased this fast.

Well that is in stark contrast of this: :"According to the Sheriff's Dept St. Mary's County dosen't have a gang problem. I think they should re-think that."

beamher

1 MS-13 Member :shrug: if there's one, there's probably more. why worry if they're just fishing/cooking out? I would be worried if they were trying to stay or are here.

Last edited:

raven

I SAID IT YES I DID !
I think our federal government should get off their AZZ break out our National Gaurd make a swift statement and round up the gang bangers and treat them as they were Al-Qaeda Terrorist . This is an on going issue far to big for our local law enforcement agencys throughout the US. And it just going to get worser.