Red Sox fans in Southern MD

W

wmsaunders

Are there any Red Sox fans in So Md that want to organize a place to watch the ALCS games this coming week?

If so, let yourselves be known so we can attempt to agree on a place.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I took my older kids to a Bo-Sox/ O's game on 7 Sept.. What a blast!! We had the O's fans outnumbered about 5:1.. it was a GREAT game (Sox won).. Kids REALLY enjoyed it, and talked about it weeks after.

We were texting people from the game, sending pictures.. calling with updates.. A GREAT time.

Good year to be a New Englander!!

donbarzini

Been a fan since I saw my first game in Fenway in 63(?). Gary Geiger/Dick Stuart/Chuck Schilling. I like what Francona did, moving Dice-K back to game 3. Gives him a better chance to win a 6-5 game, rather than going against Carmona in game 2 having to win 1-0 or 2-1. I'll be watching from my recliner. I have several rituals(which I can't mention due to the "jinx factor") which I must go through to continue the good luck.

I

Inkpen

any of you guys fans before 2004? i got 50 bucks on no.

I will take that 50....been a fan since the mid 1960.s....remember listening to THE 1967 GAME after they won their the American League. and were playing in the World Series...and we LOST...in the 7th game. with a 7-2 score......
we were at a resturant in NH, and the owner had the radio on....What a game!!
It was Oct 12, 4 days before my brothers birthday...
A night our family has never forgotten....
I saw my first game in black and white in the later 50's. Was born just down the street from Fenway. right in the middle of baseball season...being a Fan is a genetic thing ya know....

itsbob

I bowl overhand
any of you guys fans before 2004? i got 50 bucks on no.

Let me see, my kids grew up in NH, so they've been lifetime fans.. "By birth, not by choice"

For me, I was a military brat, not really from anywhere.. born in NC, raised everywhere else.. my Parents are New Englanders born and raised, so I inherited it from them..

Did spend some of the 60's and early 70's in NH and CT while my dad was serving in Vietnam or Korea, and after he retired we returned to NH and I did all of my High School years there.

We've been Red Sox and Patriot fans for as long as I can remember, and we've despised the Yankess for just as long

I've been to Fenway in the 80's, and have even been to a Patriots game in the 80's (we lost to the Vikings).. WELL before they became a winning team..

I've been with them through thick and thin, and except since 2000, it's been a lot of thin..

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
I'm an Orioles fan. But since they suck, I cheer for the Sox. Anybody but the Yankees, and I gotta keep it in the AL East. :shrug:

And their climb to the World Series win was awesome. I remember every bit of it. The ALCS series was WAY better than the 'Ship. I can remember working on a book report with my son while the ALCS was going on, and I remember writing a nice little letter to his teacher, asking for an extension because we were both too engrossed in the games that week. :lol: Ironically, she didn't find the humor in it, but since she got letters from several parents in the class, she extended the due date. :roflmao:

GusChiggins

Old Prospector
I'm an Orioles fan. But since they suck, I cheer for the Sox. Anybody but the Yankees, and I gotta keep it in the AL East. :shrug:

And their climb to the World Series win was awesome. I remember every bit of it. The ALCS series was WAY better than the 'Ship. I can remember working on a book report with my son while the ALCS was going on, and I remember writing a nice little letter to his teacher, asking for an extension because we were both too engrossed in the games that week. :lol: Ironically, she didn't find the humor in it, but since she got letters from several parents in the class, she extended the due date. :roflmao:
you should probably off yourself. i understand rooting for the red sox against the yankees in 2004... but since then, ESPN has combined with the mainstream media to forcefeed so much boston red sox/patriots homerism down our collective throats that the Ma$$hole fanbase that constitutes most baaahhhston fans has become FAR more annoying than the yankees. the red sox have become the yankees, jr. same exorbitant payroll, same sense of entitlement (i guess one championship every 80 years gives you a right to an ego??), same annoying bandwagon fans, etc. there's no difference anymore. when the yankees play the red sox now, i root for the terrorists.

W

wmsaunders

Still no one has answered the question.

Based on the previous posts, we have determined that Red Sox Nation is being represented in Southern Maryland quite well.

I was thinking about getting some of together to watch the game at Jaspers in Prince Frederick. For those that haven't seen the sports bar there. It is pretty effing awesome. Best in SO MD in my opinion. Plenty of high def tv's to view and a really nice place overall. Cold beer and hot appetizers.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Prince Frederick isn't REALLY Southern MD..

You aren't in the South until you go by the last Wal-Mart..

itsbob

I bowl overhand
you should probably off yourself. i understand rooting for the red sox against the yankees in 2004... but since then, ESPN has combined with the mainstream media to forcefeed so much boston red sox/patriots homerism down our collective throats that the Ma$$hole fanbase that constitutes most baaahhhston fans has become FAR more annoying than the yankees. the red sox have become the yankees, jr. same exorbitant payroll, same sense of entitlement (i guess one championship every 80 years gives you a right to an ego??), same annoying bandwagon fans, etc. there's no difference anymore. when the yankees play the red sox now, i root for the terrorists.

OH, and IF I watched Hockey, i would LOVE the Bruins.. and when i watch basketball I still have to root for the Celtics.. even if they aren't even a shadow of what the past was. ...

Have to root for the home team!

And far as football games go, i root for two teams.. The Patriots.. and whoever Dallas is playing that week.

dn0121

Are there any Red Sox fans in So Md that want to organize a place to watch the ALCS games this coming week?

If so, let yourselves be known so we can attempt to agree on a place.

Im a Cleveland native and love the Indians. It would be great to sit around and watch the game somewhere with other baseball fans, even if they are Sox fans. If the Indians wouldn't have won I would have been rooting fot the BoSox. Hate the Yanks.

W

wmsaunders

I'll go ahead and throw Jaspers of Prince Frederick out there to get together to watch the game. (even with a Cleveland fan).

Hope to see some folks from the website there. I'll reserve a table.