The Sky is Falling

High EGT

Gort! Klaatu barada nikto
Anybody else see what appeared as a blue ball streaking down from the sky towards the north this morning at around 4:45am? Got my attention as I was driving and assume a larger then your average Meteor or ball lightning.

citysherry

I Need a Beer
Anybody else see what appeared as a blue ball streaking down from the sky towards the north this morning at around 4:45am? Got my attention as I was driving and assume a larger then your average Meteor or ball lightning.

While waiting for the bus this morning there was a spectacular lightening show out over the Bay. A guy in line for the bus said it was a storm about 50 to 70 miles out.

OldHillcrestGuy

I didn't see the blue streak but it appeared to be lightning flashes across the bay, this was about 5:15am -ish.

Didn't see the blue streak, but when I left at 5:15 and was waiting to cross Rt. 5 in Charlotte Hall to get to WaWa,:coffee: had to do a double take, when I saw the flash, I was facing to the east and it looked pretty cool with the moon and the clouds all caught up in the background.:shrug:

belvak

Happy Camper
Didn't see the blue streak, but when I left at 5:15 and was waiting to cross Rt. 5 in Charlotte Hall to get to WaWa,:coffee: had to do a double take, when I saw the flash, I was facing to the east and it looked pretty cool with the moon and the clouds all caught up in the background.:shrug:

I saw that too, but I was pulling out of my driveway!! Didn't see the blue streak, but I was still upstairs drying my hair then.

OldHillcrestGuy

The radio station I listen to (WMZQ) had people calling from all over the area, Va., Columbia, and alot of Southern Md. people commenting on the sky.:coffee:

wineo

loving life
I thought there was a fire somewhere at first. What a sight at 6:30am in Southern St. Mary's, lighting inside the clouds over the Bay. Picture Perfect.

A blue meteor (and that's what I'm assuming it to be..) is very uncommon. I've seen a few green ones over the years, but never a blue one.

I thought there was a fire somewhere at first. What a sight at 6:30am in Southern St. Mary's, lighting inside the clouds over the Bay. Picture Perfect.

Yes it was. I saw the two storms at about 6:15 and was surprised to find out via the weather.gov site that they were actually between 90 and 100 miles east. Well out over the Altantic.